Leaf Blower anomaly

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Leaf Blower anomaly

Post by MacManiac »

We are considering buying a leaf blower, which also vacuums the collected leaves and “mulches” them. We would like a cordless model. The illustrated model in the link is a possibility but we were intrigued by the fact that “batteries and charger are available separately”. It’s probably my interpretation but I expected a cordless machine to include a battery and charger - otherwise it would be unusable. In any event it brought a smile to my face.

https://www.homemarket.com.cy/english/e ... -bare.html
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Leaf Blower anomaly

Post by cyprusmax47 »

They just copy Lidl with their accu tools where batteries and charger sold separately, otherwise it gets too expensive at the first look... ;)

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It sounds like the two Batteries and the charger are available at an extra cost..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Reminds me of a friend who lives in Polis and bought an electric lawn mower from Superhome about 6-7 years ago.
When he unpacked it he discovered there was no power cable and had to make an extra journey to Paphos to buy it as an accessory!
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

In my experience the word BARE usually means battery etc are not included.
ast

Post by ast »

Its common nowadays to sell the batteries separately to the tools, a lot of manufacturers make there batteries interchangeable between tools. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
ast

Post by ast »

Cappielow1 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:46 pm In my experience the word BARE usually means battery etc are not included.
Correct.
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The tools from Home Market all share common batteries. It is actually a selling point. You can use one battery for all of your tools, rather than buy one for each.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I was looking at this just a couple of weeks ago, I have noticed lately that some manufacturers sell a common battery and the tools come without one, I suppose if you have 8 tools why have 8 batteries.

The blower is well priced it's £98 in UK with free delivery from Amazon but Euro 120 from Amazon DE with Euro 50 delivery.

The batteries however are expensive, on the reviews they recommend 2 x 4.0ah they will cost a little more than the Vac.

If you buy one do let me know how you get on.

Gary
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I bought a cordless vacuum cleaner from Lidl which came complete with battery, and a power cable which you just plug into a power socket.I don't see why all cordless tools can't be sold complete.
Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

For reasons clearly explained in this thread.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
El tel

Post by El tel »

Some years ago my son bought me a solar radio , the instructions said “ to extend the life of this product please avoid placing it in the sun “

Terry
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

MacManiac wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:25 am We are considering buying a leaf blower, which also vacuums the collected leaves and “mulches” them. We would like a cordless model. The illustrated model in the link is a possibility but we were intrigued by the fact that “batteries and charger are available separately”. It’s probably my interpretation but I expected a cordless machine to include a battery and charger - otherwise it would be unusable. In any event it brought a smile to my face.

Hi, bought this leaf blower/vac 3 years ago, yes batteries and charger are purchased separately, think I paid €50 odd for them. Battery charge last well and pleased with the product.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

MacManiac wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:25 am We are considering buying a leaf blower, which also vacuums the collected leaves and “mulches” them. We would like a cordless model. The illustrated model in the link is a possibility but we were intrigued by the fact that “batteries and charger are available separately”. It’s probably my interpretation but I expected a cordless machine to include a battery and charger - otherwise it would be unusable. In any event it brought a smile to my face.

I bought this exact same model last year and have been very happy with it. Earlier in the year I bought another einhell cordless device and bought the charger and the two biggest batteries they had at the time, 5.2amp. This device needs 2 batteries and lasts a decent time, the other devices, hedge trimmer, a smaller blower only device, strimmer, and a drill, last for ages with the 5.2amp battery and on the occasion I do run out of charge, the second one is ready to go.

Happy to buy into their products - also have their corded rotavator, and cordless is massively more practical for me when tidying a large garden and a 200m approach to the house.

The premise of reusing batteries across multiple devices is incredibly practical and keeps the cost down of any other products once you decide to stick with a brand.

Ian

Ian