URGENT CHLORAKAS TAP WATER IS POLLUTED

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Victorine

URGENT CHLORAKAS TAP WATER IS POLLUTED

Post by Victorine »

IMG_3130.jpg
IMG_3130.jpg (133.31 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
This morning at 11:50 am we noticed that the tap water was cloudy and very brownish.
See attached picture
We don't know if it's because of the work in a house on Pyrgou Street, but we have to warn the population.
We tried to reach the Water Communal Board but there is no answer on the phone.
We invite anyone who knows something to share it with us here or else to act as soon as possible.
A big thank-you
trevnhil

Re: URGENT CHLORAKAS TAP WATER IS POLLUTED

Post by trevnhil »

Don't use it for drinking get bottled water for a day or two. The sediment coming through the pipes will soon settle.
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Unless there is an official announcement that tap water is unsafe, then it can be used for most purposes, even with a slight precipitate. In this country, with very few publicised exceptions, tap water is safe to drink, even when it looks or tastes unusual. Much of the tap water today is over-sterilised, to make sure that people drinking water from rooftop tanks have no problems (assuming that there is a constant daily flow into the tank from the mains; otherwise, such as for first-time use, don't drink water that has been standing.)
josef k

Post by josef k »

Agreed. It's not pollution, it's sediment. It always happens after work has been done on the main pipes. It will flush through and then you will be back to normal clear water.
ast

Post by ast »

It must be a localised issue as at my end of Chloraka (Melanos) the water is fine.
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Paul

Post by Paul »

I had new water tanks fitted on the roof and loads of sediment came out the taps and shower.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That sort of surprises me. I thought that the sediment in the old tank would remain at the bottom of it as they lifted it away. The outlet from tanks is usually not right at the bottom
Trev..
Paul

Post by Paul »

It was lime in the pipes, the new panels made the water much hotter and broke the lime lose in the pipes.