Credit card authorisation failure for on line purchases

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Credit card authorisation failure for on line purchases

Post by kansas »

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem:

We place an on line order with Healthspan 3 or 4 times a year using our Halifax Master card. Up until last week we have had no problems.

However our recent order went through until it reached the stage of final approval. Then the UK bank took over the transaction and displayed a code to be entered or spoken when they rang my Cyprus mobile. The mobile rang but when answered the call dropped out. I tried this twice more with the same result and the transaction was blocked.

I rang Healthspan, assuming that it was a problem with their site but they advised it was our UK bank blocking the transaction.

I rang Halifax and they acknowledged that it was a new level of security and that there is nothing they can do to amend the problem.

This seems very strange. Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution, in which case it would be good to hear about it.

Thanks
Big Al

Re: Credit card authorisation failure for on line purchases

Post by Big Al »

I have had it a few times since this was introduced, a few cards now require a new layer of security where a window opens and you have to put in your postcode and a numerical code sent to your mobile, this on a few occasions hasn't popped up so the transaction gets declined,
Boxsterann

Re: Credit card authorisation failure for on line purchases

Post by Boxsterann »

My husband has had numerous problems trying to pay Healthspan with his Halifax card over the years where Halifax have refused to make the payment. We now use a Nationwide card for payment without any problems.