Well done Ladies!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Well done Ladies!

Post by Dominic »

Sprinkle some of that dust on the Gents' team.

And I look forward to female players coming on as pundits giving the men tips. They've walked the walk.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Re: Well done Ladies!

Post by Uncle D »

It was brilliant
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

What a brilliant match. Loved the celebrations afterwards as well.
All things are possible
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It was an excellent match indeed. Although I do wonder what would have been the outcome if the high scoring German player hadn't been out due to injury...

I don't follow football at all but if there are big matches such as yesterday we will go to a bar wherever in the world we are, to watch and take in the atmosphere.

We did the preview of this similar scenario in the local working men's club a couple of years ago, with a very different outcome.

Yesterday, the atmosphere was electric and there were definitely more men watching than ladies in both the games room with the big screen and the more comfortable lounge and a proper TV.

We went in at 16:30hrs UK time and didn't get back home (some 250m away) until going up for 23:00hrs.

Loved the bit where the player, Chloe Kelly - twitched at her top after putting the ball in the back of the net, lifted the shirt above midriff then let it go whilst doing her victory run.
Then went, to hell with it and ripped it off over her head and ran like crazy.

The guys in the bars couldn't believe it and the women were cheering her on.

A yellow card was obvious, but hey - it was the spirit of the game at the time and will go down in history.

A nice £50k each for the Lionesses whereas the Lions would have got a cool Million. Equality 🤔
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:18 am It was an excellent match indeed. Although I do wonder what would have been the outcome if the high scoring German player hadn't been out due to injury...

Not only could Andrea Popp, the German high scoring player joint her team, but more important was the best player from Bayern Munich, Klara Buehl, with 70 goals for Munich/Freiburg in the last few years, was not available due to covid test 5 days ago....

Max
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Ah well injuries can effect any team.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Personally I dislike football, but credit where credit's due, never mind the 'ah buts', we won fair and square.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Who cares? I do, for one. I care because games (not sports) have monopolised television for financial reasons. Why do I care? Because many of my regular viewings disappear off the face of the earth or, if they stay, they are at an inconvenient time or they clash with other wanted programs.

Football was one-game which was real when Stanley Matthews was paid with a 10 bob note (half a £ for the ignorant) if the takings at the gate were sufficient but sometimes went home with empty pockets but a great feeling that he had played a good game.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

As General Patton said in the film Patton "all glory is fleeting" so eat your heart out ladies for bringing a lot of pleasure for that fleeting moment
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

As a 'Jock' I can tell you I am genuinely delighted for the English Womens' team winning the match. 😁 My wee Granddaughter is an avid player. ❤

However, I fear there will be EVEN more boring football being televised when I want to watch my usual boring stuff!!!

Have a separate channel for those who love football is what I say. 🤔😁

Maggie B
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Maggie B wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:16 pm As a 'Jock' I can tell you I am genuinely delighted for the English Womens' team winning the match. 😁 My wee Granddaughter is an avid player. ❤

However, I fear there will be EVEN more boring football being televised when I want to watch my usual boring stuff!!!

Have a separate channel for those who love football is what I say. 🤔😁

Maggie B
There are manyother channels that you can watch. :D
All things are possible