Afternoon nap?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Afternoon nap?

Post by Chaddy »

Top of the boards agenda ( down at the pub of course ) the other day was the subject of napping in the afternoon.Even more so in this climate.The board seemed to be split fifty fifty on this subject on the benefits or disadvantage,s of slumbering in the afternoon.
One side saying it spoilt your nights time sleep and the other side claiming it helped,citing Winstone Churchill and Maggie Thatcher saying they run dear old blighty on an afternoons nap and getting only 3/4 hours sleep at night.
One member said ( how he got this idea i dont know ) that he enjoyed his liquid after an afternoons forty winks on the sun bed.
Which side do you come down on :?
WHL

Re: Afternoon nap?

Post by WHL »

Go to bed after midnight every night, up at 6am every morning, tried a siesta a couple of times, but wake up groggy and no use to anyone all day.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I have a long-standing sleep problems and am usually so tired that I drop off for a few minutes during the day. However, I find that it is better when I do not have a nap and can last from when I wake up through to midnight when I lay me down to rest. A one hour siesta is, I find, fatal for a good night's sleep.
memory man

Post by memory man »

I normally waken up about 4.00 - 4.30am and first thing is to
take our dog out to do his business etc.
Next job is to feed our 2 house cats and 7 outside feral cats.

Then is a lie down on the sofa for about 2 hours.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am definitely in favour of an afternoon nap, or Siesta. I go to bed around 10-30 to 11-00 pm at night and I usually get up just after 6 am in the morning. I then take Max (our dog) out for a little wee walk and then make a cup of tea for my wife and me. I then go back to bed with my laptop.
But around 2-30 in the afternoon Max and I usually go to bed for a read, and I usually get around an hour and a half of sleep as well.
Trev..
ast

Post by ast »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:44 pm I am definitely in favour of an afternoon nap, or Siesta. I go to bed around 10-30 to 11-00 pm at night and I usually get up just after 6 am in the morning. I then take Max (our dog) out for a little wee walk and then make a cup of tea for my wife and me. I then go back to bed with my laptop.
But around 2-30 in the afternoon Max and I usually go to bed for a read, and I usually get around an hour and a half of sleep as well.
I am just interested to know Trev when you go for the afternoon read what does Max read. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We both like an afternoon nap for about an hour and a half. Normal bed time is between 10 and 11pm. I am up most mornings at 0600 and go for a brisk walk for half an hour.
All things are possible
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Awake from 5am, a brew anytime between 7 to 7.30am.
Catch up on emails, orders and web stats on my mobile followed by Twitter, news and Facebook.
Breakfast can be anytime after 10.30am for me.
Then it's to the laptop dealing with orders.
Hubby has his afternoon "read" at around 3.30 to 5pm and is now ready to head to bed by 11pm.
I'm up and about until around sometime after midnight.

I don't sleep well at the best of times in the evening, let alone in the middle of the day. If I get a full 5hrs, it's amazing but realistically I'm awake a minimum of three times from after midnight and a little before 5am.

When I worked the midnight until 7am shift on the player emails and live chat in Limassol, I was buzzing when I got home from the office so would have breakfast, read for a couple of hours then get my head down. Up and about before 1pm then be back in the office for the nightshift again.
We were scheduled to work 3 nights in a row but I was on autopilot on the 3rd night so got it switched to a 5pm to midnight slot instead.
Then it was 2 full days off.

It's one of the reasons when we travel, I prefer to stay in time zones which are a few hours ahead of UK rather than behind. A long weekend in New York back in 2003 threw any sleep pattern I had straight out of the window 😐
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Early to bed
Early to rise
You’ll be at it all night
With bags ‘neath your eyes.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.