Buck House Guards

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Buck House Guards

Post by Devil »

Today's newspapers are full of a photo of a security officer giving a drink of water to a Guardsman.

In my opinion, it's sheer cruelty to force guardsmen to be in their full panoply in this weather. I am pretty sure that, if the Queen were there, she would allow the guardsmen to be in shirt sleeve order while it's hot as this. I'll go so far as to suggest that standing in a hot uniform with the pseudo-bearskin titfer would amount to criminal proceedings in an ordinary life. There is no excuse to perpetrate this cruelty, just because they wish to honour their commitments to protect the sovereign, who is umpteen kilometres away, in any case.
Kili01

Re: Buck House Guards

Post by Kili01 »

I liked the photo seen in an English newspaper today, it was of a mounted guardsman and his horse. Someone was kindly offering the horse a bucket of water to drink !Hopefully, the guardsman was also being offered something similar ...
As regards the very hot uniform that they wear, as they are appearing in public on an official duty, they wouldn't dress casually in shirt sleeves.
However regiments do have a lightweight tropical dress uniform, and maybe if climate change becomes a summer norm with very severe heat waves,the dress code for British forces in UK will be allowed to wear it. (When I served in Germany, years ago, we were all issued with the Tropical KD uniforms for summer wear, because of the climate).
Dee
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The notion of “appropriate dress” and so on, is ridiculous in the UK.
We treat the Royal Family as ‘rulers’. They are figureheads at best, but sadly they believe otherwise.

The Pomp and Ceremony are ridiculous and nothing but a tourist attraction.

Until we realise that this entire facade is part of the suppression of people, to accept a place in life, the UK will remain a strangled democracy. (Which in itself is a joke with the corrupt banana republic we have had for 3 years.)
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

With due respect Jimward, just pure bunkum! The Queen is a highly respected person! While the Royal Family are A- political.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the public are far from suppressed.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have to agree with you Dee. Jimgward is well over the top with his rant.. :-(
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:58 am With due respect Jimward, just pure bunkum! The Queen is a highly respected person! While the Royal Family are A- political.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the public are far from suppressed.

Dee
Someone should remind Charlie Boy that,
as for being highly respected, does that nonce Andrew fall into that category ?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I think that after be the queen dies the royals will begin to diminish
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:58 am With due respect Jimward, just pure bunkum! The Queen is a highly respected person! While the Royal Family are A- political.

Dee
I agree, absolutely nonsense. Still it gave me a good laugh this morning.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dee
Yes, the Queen is highly respected but that's about as far as it goes.
And as for suppressed you only have to look at the actions taken against Steve Bray to see the country is slowly turning into a police state or look ar the new bill being pushed through by Patel to restrict protest against the government. What next, Dawn arrests, Gulags? the UK is getting more like Russia every day which must be due to all the bribes the Tories get from there.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Tory Communists, interesting.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If you want to start a political thread, do so in the Politics section.

Here' I've started one for you:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17353
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.