Tel no for main post office to renew driving licence

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Tel no for main post office to renew driving licence

Post by kansas »

Morning

Does anyone have the telephone number of the main post office near Paphos General. I need to renew my driving licence soon.

Many thanks
emgee

Re: Tel no for main post office to renew driving licence

Post by emgee »

8000 2000

Alan
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

mouse wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:09 am i have an old Cyprus driving licence, when i came here in 2002 you had exchange your licence quickly. do i have to upgrade to a EU licence as i really cant afford to waste 40 to 50 euro for some pointless bit of paper.
The Cypriot licence a made of hard plastic and not a pointless bit of paper.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

mouse wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:44 pm So do you think my old style paper license with photo is still valid ?
'The existing Cyprus full paper licences issued before 19th January 2013 are valid until the expiry date on them, except those that expire beyond 2033. They are only valid until the 19th January 2033 no matter what the expiry date is on the licence. Drivers who wish to exchange their paper licence for a photo-card licence may do so at a cost of €40'.

https://cyprusdriving.net/cyprus-drivin ... %20licence.

Perhaps better to contact the insurance company that insures your vehicle just to make sure.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Don't Guess !!! Surely it must have the expiry date on it somewhere.. ;-)
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Same website as my original comment - BUT this is more in line with what I believe is the current situation:
https://cyprusdriving.net/valid-exchang ... -licences/

Drivers can drive with a current valid:
EU driving licence – until it expires.
UK licence – Valid while visiting Cyprus. (Visit without a visa is a maximum of 90 days). If resident in Cyprus it must be exchanged as below.
An International Driving Permit (IDP) together with a current valid domestic driving licence – usually until the IDP expires.
Article 20 of the Driving License Laws of 2001 and 2004, recognizes driver’s licences or learner’s licences issued by the EU and a competent authority of the country included in the table below and are valid.
The driving licences from the countries listed below are valid for visitors for a maximum of 90 days, or if resident 6 months (one hundred and eighty-five days). Then it must be exchanged for a Cyprus driving licence.