Good news for people installing photo-voltaic systems....

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Good news for people installing photo-voltaic systems....

Post by trevnhil »

Well done Paul. I don't think you will regret it.
Although there may be some help in the near future with electric/fuel prices, I think we all know that over time prices WILL rise
Trev..
Paul

Post by Paul »

I forgot to add that the girl in Solar tech told me that the grant for a 3k system is €1250.
Paul
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Think this is is a bit of overkill Max, though I agree about cleaning them when it’s cool. I only clean our pool pump ones when there’s insufficient light for the pump to be running. A quick clean with a microfibre mob and then squeege off any excess with a squeegee on a pole to aid reach - 5 mins max.

The roof ones I don’t bother with anymore. The rain in winter keeps them clean and for me the hassle / benefit factor simply isn’t worth it in the summer. In fact despite probably the dustiest April since we moved here, the panels produced their highest ever April production this year - probably helped by being a bit cooler than normal.

To start thinking about using distilled water, testing PH is the road to madness😂. Significant lime scale build up is normally associated mostly with standing bodies of filled water such as kettles, interiors of water pipes etc. For those of us into car detailing the nearest equivalent would be water spotting on paintwork, but if the panels are wiped down quickly after washing to remove excess, that realistically should be more than sufficient.

Ian

Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Paul wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:31 am I forgot to add that the girl in Solar tech told me that the grant for a 3k system is €1250.
Paul
Do you mean Solar Technologies? They are two different companies. Both are run by a guy called Andy, but they are different Andys. Solar Technologies has a female working for them, which is who I assume you are talking about.

Given that one of our main sponsors is also a Solar company - Green Air, I would appreciate if other companies were discussed using the PM system.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:04 pm
Paul wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:31 am I forgot to add that the girl in Solar tech told me that the grant for a 3k system is €1250.
Paul
Do you mean Solar Technologies? They are two different companies. Both are run by a guy called Andy, but they are different Andys. Solar Technologies has a female working for them, which is who I assume you are talking about.

Given that one of our main sponsors is also a Solar company - Green Air, I would appreciate if other companies were discussed using the PM system.
Green Air Paphos is not only main sponsor for Paphos Life but also their prices are very competitive. For example a 3,2 kWp system would cost exactly the same as mentioned above, (if one includes the higher output) however with bifacial modules which can produce much more electricity on a white painted flat roof than normal modules.
Further the mentioned subsidy is wrong as one gets now 375 Euro for every kWp installed and is in this case 1125 Euro only.

Max
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Dom,
You say that…..
“ Given that one of our main sponsors is also a Solar company - Green Air, I would appreciate if other companies were discussed using the PM system.”
Does this mean you are not allowing posts that mention/discuss any other companies operating in the Solar field?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Just use the PM system for mentioning names. It isn't a big ask. It isn't an edict from Green Air either. I just think it courteous to respect a company that has sponsored the site since Day 1. In an ideal world we would rely on the Buy Us A Coffee link at the top of the forum, but only a hand full of people have ever used that. We are very appreciative of that handful, and if every forum member was like them we could do away with the banners entirely. But the majority of you aren''t. So we have sponsors, and I look after them.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.