Some facts to ponder (The Times)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Some facts to ponder (The Times)

Post by Lincoln »

Britain is not America

Brits think their country is much more diverse than it actually is, says Lionel Shriver in The Times. According to a new poll, they estimate that 20% of the country is black (it’s 3%); 15% is Muslim (actually 4%); 5% transgender (no more than 0.6% in reality); and 15% gay and lesbian (in fact, 1.8%). For good measure, people think 20% of the country is vegan or vegetarian – the actual figure is 4%. It’s a similar story in my native America, where people “wildly” overestimate the size of racial and sexual minorities. The left’s “fetishistic” obsession with these groups has skewed the general population’s sense of how numerous they are.
All things are possible
WHL

Re: Some facts to ponder (The Times)

Post by WHL »

God save America,,,,,,,

ast

Post by ast »

Lincoln wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:32 pm Britain is not America

Brits think their country is much more diverse than it actually is, says Lionel Shriver in The Times. According to a new poll, they estimate that 20% of the country is black (it’s 3%); 15% is Muslim (actually 4%); 5% transgender (no more than 0.6% in reality); and 15% gay and lesbian (in fact, 1.8%). For good measure, people think 20% of the country is vegan or vegetarian – the actual figure is 4%. It’s a similar story in my native America, where people “wildly” overestimate the size of racial and sexual minorities. The left’s “fetishistic” obsession with these groups has skewed the general population’s sense of how numerous they are.
And if you were asked the same questions Mr Lincoln what would your answers of been. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

ast wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:40 pm

And if you were asked the same questions Mr Lincoln what would your answers of been. 8-)
I would have thought that there were even MORE foreigners than the quoted figures.
All things are possible
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

Lincoln wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:35 pm

I would have thought that there were even MORE foreigners than the quoted figures.
The quote in the first post doesn't mention foreigners.

Cheers

Steve
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Steve - SJD wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:33 pm
Lincoln wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:35 pm

The quote in the first post doesn't mention foreigners.

Cheers

Steve
Rather than list Blacks Asians etc etc i |used the term foriegners.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

mouse wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:38 am i have read reports that in the uk there are some restrictions on flying a union jack in some areas, if what i have read is true then why does such a small group of anti nationalists have such a large voice ?
I wouldn't believe everything you read in the papers.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Some of the posts in this thread are an utter insult to the intelligence. Christ on a Bike, I am amazed that anybody could honestly believe that there are restrictions on flying Union Jacks etc

And as for the "foreigners" bit. That' is appalling.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Is this the story?

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/ ... n-26366209

It was in Scotland. The flagpole was six metres high, and erected without planning permission. The issue wasn't the flag, but the flagpole. His neighbours complained. Nobody even hinted that minorities were involved. How many minorities are there in a place like Inverclyde?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Well, there have been plenty of flags flying this last week or so for the jubilee weekend celebrations.

Surprisingly, many of them are flying upside down.

So much for patriotism.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Post by WHL »

PhotoLady wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:03 am Well, there have been plenty of flags flying this last week or so for the jubilee weekend celebrations.

Surprisingly, many of them are flying upside down.

So much for patriotism.
I dont think anyone can doubt those peoples patriotism , which ever way they waved their flag?
josef k

Post by josef k »

Well at least I have some clarity now on foreigners. Them being black or Asian makes them a lot easier to spot, although it could make things a bit difficult for Priti Patel.

But hang on, I live in Cyprus and am a foreigner here. Just checked in the mirror. I guess I'm looking a bit pale. I'll pop in to the doctors and get a tonic.