Impressive delivery time from Amazon.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
josef k

Impressive delivery time from Amazon.

Post by josef k »

Yesterday afternoon I ordered something from Amazon.de. There was only one delivery option, which appeared to be similar to prime and around 8 euros more then standard delivery on similar items.

The item arrived at my door here in Cyprus this afternoon via a UPS van. A fraction under 24 hours from the time of order. Not bad service at all.
trevnhil

Re: Impressive delivery time from Amazon.

Post by trevnhil »

That is quite impressive, and I wonder if you can give us the total delivery cost above whatever the item cost you
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I agree, the UPS delivery of Amazon goods is excellent and very frequently is next day, provided that they are Amazon on stock items on inventory. If the goods are sent from a different supplier, they may take longer. Always look carefully where the goods you order are actually delivered from.
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

It's fast, but I recently had to return something that arrived broken, and Amazon.de wouldn't cover the full cost of the return. That was sending via Cyprus Post. DHL and FedEx wanted insane amounts of money. It all left a bad taste in the mouth.
josef k

Post by josef k »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:58 pm That is quite impressive, and I wonder if you can give us the total delivery cost above whatever the item cost you
P&P was 14.70
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

wantoosoon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:31 pm It's fast, but I recently had to return something that arrived broken, and Amazon.de wouldn't cover the full cost of the return. That was sending via Cyprus Post. DHL and FedEx wanted insane amounts of money. It all left a bad taste in the mouth.
I recently had an "Amazon.de" gizmo (one in three) fail on me after about three weeks of use. It seemed that the items had been shipped from China to me and that a replacement was no longer available (I noticed that it disappeared from their website). I was informed that neither repair nor replacement was possible. To their credit, Amazon repaid me, directly into my bank account, the full amount I paid for the one faulty item plus the postage for all three items. Me? One happy bunny!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Ordered from Amazon Germany a small item with a value of 17 euro's it came within two days, but for me the last time I am going to use Amazon as the shipping charge was more than the items value, I am finished with Amazon.
Jim.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I always research products on Amazon and my other half compares them on eBay.

We buy from whichever is the best price.

We each have an Amazon account and take up the free one month Prime option whenever it is offered and also when the service is available at £1 with a purchase.

Using both accounts in rotation means we get the offers more frequently. The Prime service is excellent and we send gifts to a lady who my other half did work for when we lived in Cyprus. She's been back in UK now for several years but anything we send with Amazon prime is delivered the very next day.

Returns policy is excellent and we've had items fully refunded without having to make a return. I can count on one hand the number of items that we've had problems with, and we order every couple of months or so, utilising the free Prime option.

But, I thoroughly read the reviews as well as the Q&As for each product before ordering, particularly with electrical items.

Amazon clearly display the postage costs before you confirm your payment, if you go through the Checkout system rather than the fast option if you already have an account.
The only time I use the quick payment option is when the product is being sold directly from Amazon and not the individual seller.
Always check the postage costs if from an individual seller....
Last edited by PhotoLady on Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Post by WHL »

Not many things that you cant get here in Cyprus shops, so I would only use Amazon as a last resort..