Good news for people installing photo-voltaic systems....

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Good news for people installing photo-voltaic systems....

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Finally, last Friday the Government gave the green light for people interested in photo-voltaic to produce their own electricity....

here part of the whole article in CMail:

It also increased the subsidy for the installation of photovoltaics and roof insulation. For vulnerable groups the subsidy will increase from €750 to €1000 per KW. For remaining consumers, it will increase from €250 to €375 per installed KW.

Moreover, all 100 per cent of annual electricity consumption – both for households and businesses — can be covered from photovoltaic produced energy, up from the current 90 per cent.

Procedures to approve installation of renewable sources of income will be sped up, and a building permit will not be required in cases where there is already a town planning permit.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/05/27/lowe ... ay-prices/

If anybody is interested to get more information you are free to contact GreenAir Paphos 26 941 555. Green Air is since the beginning of PaphosLife one of their main sponsors with several advertising banners on the forum. Without sponsors, Dominic would not be able to run the forum with all the nice videos and recently also with drone images as everything from equipment to petrol costs a lot of money nowadays...

Max
Kili01

Re: Good news for people installing photo-voltaic systems....

Post by Kili01 »

Very good news!
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Unfortunately we can't have them as we do not have title deeds (we're trapped buyers)
Time to hassle the land registry department AGAIN
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

So for a newbie to the tech and costing, can anyone give an approximate percentage of the cost the subsidy will be?

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
jeba

Post by jeba »

Termites Dream wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:51 am
Kili01 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:35 pmVery good news!
I am not so sure, why are you restricted?....Any excess goes to the grid.
Exactly! It doesn't make sense. They should be glad if you produced more than you need. It's free generation for them, after all.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

nholleran wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:03 am Sadie you can have them even if you dont have your TD yet.
It’s not what the supplier said...do you know something we or he doesn’t?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have been back to a PV installer that I spoke to in Febuary to see what the situation is now with the EAC.

I was told I can install a 3Kw system which is what I was after in Febuary.

There doing a new quote as some of the parts have gone up since Febuary, if it is not to much then I will go ahead with the installation.

I have a flat roof that faces south to the left and perfect for this to be done.
IMG_20220203_110909_1.jpg
IMG_20220203_110909_1.jpg (83.46 KiB) Viewed 3732 times
Paul
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Paul wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:53 am I have been back to a PV installer that I spoke to in Febuary to see what the situation is now with the EAC.

I was told I can install a 3Kw system which is what I was after in Febuary.

There doing a new quote as some of the parts have gone up since Febuary, if it is not to much then I will go ahead with the installation.

I have a flat roof that faces south to the left and perfect for this to be done.
IMG_20220203_110909_1.jpg
Paul

Your roof looks ideal to install so called bifacial PV modules as it is painted white and has therefore a high albedo. Bifacial solar panels are modules that can capture sunlight on either side. They tend to have higher efficiency compared to monofacial modules since they can capture light on two surfaces.
Every extra kWh you produce, counts.

Here an example how they can look...

Max
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

As people know, I can vouch for Greenair and it is good news that you can install a system to cover all of your needs. I would also hope that EAC is sensitive to situations where people are converting from oil or gas for heating to electricity and let you install systems over the 100% of present needs. Our May bill, which covers March and April, traditionally the lowest bimonthly period for consumption, came to €32. I estimate that if we had not had net metering, the cost would have been €245, a saving of €213. Our panels were fitted almost three years ago, but, say for instance, they now cost €9000, the return on them in the two month period, if that €9000 was invested in an annuity, would be 16%. If somebody offered me an annuity, paying 16%, I would bite their hand off. The savings during the winter are far greater.

Even for very low users, the returns are massive.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Does anyone know of an individual or company that cleans the panels, and a rough cost?

My panels are covered in sand and dirt.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I just hose mine off with water from a hose pipe from time to time. But is does of course depend on accessibility
Trev..
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Mark wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:31 pm Does anyone know of an individual or company that cleans the panels, and a rough cost?

My panels are covered in sand and dirt.
Chris Phillips
Attachments
CD0829A9-060E-4E38-B1B7-EC376E33DA86.jpeg
CD0829A9-060E-4E38-B1B7-EC376E33DA86.jpeg (64.75 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

As long as they are producing around the same as previous years I would not bother pay for a company to clean them. If you paid €25 to get them cleaned, they would have to produce a lot of electric to get your money back. Our production, with dirty panels, is only just down on last years.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Hosing down my panels increases production by about 5%.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Anarita John wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:58 am As long as they are producing around the same as previous years I would not bother pay for a company to clean them. If you paid €25 to get them cleaned, they would have to produce a lot of electric to get your money back. Our production, with dirty panels, is only just down on last years.
One can do more damage to the modules (modules = PV, panels = thermic) with wrong cleaning. Unlike with thermic panels which you can clean with rough methods, PV modules need very careful cleaning in order not to damage them. Important is the water one uses, it has to be low pH like rain water or destilled water. Most of our water in CY is high in pH and using it on the PV modules they can become encrusted with deposits of lime stone.
Also important not to use water when the modules are in the full sunshine heat. No problem when cleaning them with a very soft, fine brush to get rid of large amount of dust. (little dust does not matter) So, after testing the pH of your village water and it is like your pool water supposed to be, then of course you can use your garden hose to clean the modules a bit( but not using a pressure cleaner.) and avoid splashing water underneath the modules were the electric connectors are.

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for that info Max. I use the water that is in the tanks but through the house pressure pump. I have no idea what the ph would be though.
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:20 am Thanks for that info Max. I use the water that is in the tanks but through the house pressure pump. I have no idea what the ph would be though.
All pool shops selling pH-tester, also for little money. Everybody should actually know what their drinking water pH is in CY in order to avoid that pipes in the house are not getting blocked with deposits of lime stones....(proof are blocked water tabs in the kitchen after short time)

Max
jeba

Post by jeba »

What pH is low enough?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have a new quote for a 3k pv system for the house, the price is 4100 euro plus vat.
This looks to be a good offer and might take it up.
Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

Been down this morning and ordered the 3k system for the house.