Speed Cameras

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: Speed Cameras

Post by galexinda »

Police urge drivers to park legally

Police on Friday reminded drivers that illegal parking causes traffic congestion and increases the risk of accidents as 292 fines were issued in March for such violations.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/04/01/poli ... k-legally/
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

More detailed list from Cyprus Police Traffic Department:
(not sure if it is in Greek only as my computer is set up to use Google Translate automatically for an English version).

https://www.police.gov.cy/police/police ... enDocument
daveg

Post by daveg »

I got a €25 fine in Polis for parking on a " main road" correctly facing the right way, no yellow lines no warning signs....
Confused, I went and queried the fine... apparently it's illegal to park on a main road, but they couldn't tell me how you know it's a main road?
The road in question was just a back water road ,hey ho...lesson learnt, will avoid Polis....
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just to add anyone sent a fine, just go on the JCC site and you can pay it, took less then a couple of minutes,
If you dispute the fine, they send you a form with the fine, just fill that in and send it back.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

So, what about the cars that park on the pavement, sometimes avoiding double yellow lines painted on the road? Plenty still do that in Paphos. But seldom seem parking tickets left on the windscreens...
Please tell where the parking bays are situated which are likely to result in parking fines... is this in PFO, or maybe in Nicosia/ Limassol?

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

So, what about the cars that park on the pavement, sometimes avoiding double yellow lines painted on the road? Plenty still do that in Paphos. But seldom seem parking tickets left on the windscreens...
Please tell where the parking bays are situated which are likely to result in parking fines... is this in PFO, or maybe in Nicosia/ Limassol?

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am So, what about the cars that park on the pavement, sometimes avoiding double yellow lines painted on the road? Plenty still do that in Paphos. But seldom seem parking tickets left on the windscreens...

Dee
Its the same Island wide, you park facing the wrong way, you will be fined.
ast

Post by ast »

In the Cyprus mail today, 11,000 traffic camera fines deemed invalid 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:16 pm In the Cyprus mail today, 11,000 traffic camera fines deemed invalid 8-)
It seems some of the number plates are not clear, and they have captured Ambulances/police cars/etc

https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/05/31/1100 ... d-invalid/
ast

Post by ast »

That's the answer get yourself an old ambulance. :lol: :lol:
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:42 pm That's the answer get yourself an old ambulance. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

WHL wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:33 am
Big Al wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:26 am No points as far as I can see on the form, but I picked up two points and a hundred euro fine when I parked on the opposite side of the road, in a parking bay with money put in the meter.
Wow, I didnt realise you could get a fine for that, I will have to stop doing that pronto :(
Yep, I didn't know either, parking opposing traffic is illegal, I had parked in a bay put money in the meter so I thought I was good to go, went back to the car, there was a ticket on the screen 100e fine, other cars parked the same as me also had tickets, I went straight to the police station where they confirmed it, all parking in Cyprus opposing traffic is illegal, apparently it is the same back in the uk at night time.
[/quote]

Yes it's the same in the UK. However, in 30years in the police, I've never seen anyone charged or ticketed for it.

Even by the traffic department!

All of that said, if you think about it, its basic road safety, and whether you're in a designated bay or not has nothing to do with it.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

For those who missed it at the time, new details of offences and fines came into effect in October 2020, with a supporting leaflet through the post. Details are here:

http://cyprusdriving.net/traffic-offenc ... penalties/

Ian
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Coming from the east towards Pafos yesterday and a few clicks short of Limassol there were exactly 10 police motorbikes lined up doing speed checks on the hard shoulder and pulling people over.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Good-O, some people do tend to exceed the speed limit along the Nicosia-and Larnaca motorways,
Which sometimes causes an accident resulting in serious injury or death.

De