Rip off

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Rip off

Post by WHL »

Most of us here are used to the coffee chains charging high prices for a a simple coffee,
Anyone who has been to Italy will know how reasonable, the price of having a coffee is, well done the authorities for having the back of the common man.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... resso.html
trevnhil

Re: Rip off

Post by trevnhil »

I thought 2 euros for a coffee was a far price. But I realise that the fine was for not displaying the price.
On the Harbour Promenade a few years back I was charged 3-50 for a Nescafe. I was amazed but the prices were on a big board on the forecourt. But I have never been back there
Trev..
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

No just in Cyprus, my wife and I attended a wedding in a local hotel at the weekend.

I was driving and only therefore drunk soft drinks, £2.50 for a standard can of Irn Bru.

Yesterday I was in B&M and SIX cans of the same thing was £2.25. is it any wonder people smuggle their drinks into weddings etc.
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:57 pm I thought 2 euros for a coffee was a far price. But I realise that the fine was for not displaying the price.
On the Harbour Promenade a few years back I was charged 3-50 for a Nescafe. I was amazed but the prices were on a big board on the forecourt. But I have never been back there
Not in Italy Trev, coffee prices are very low, in cafes.
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

3 weeks ago The Deck charged my partner and I €8.60 for 2 capachino.
The waiter tried to convince me it was a fair price due to the current inflation. He failed, we paid up but will never return and I truly believe the tourist authorities should stamp out this blatent rackateering.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Always ask for the menue first and check the prices. Then you will not get Ripped Off.
All things are possible
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

Thanks for the advice but I shouldn't be ripped off in the first place don't you think!
ast

Post by ast »

I was speaking to a friend yesterday who is a bar manager in the uk, he told me that a pint of larger is £2.80 in the week, same drink same bar at the weekend it's £3.20.
I was surprised at this. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:36 pm I was speaking to a friend yesterday who is a bar manager in the uk, he told me that a pint of larger is £2.80 in the week, same drink same bar at the weekend it's £3.20.
I was surprised at this. 8-)
That is very cheap even at 3.20.