May 4th

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

May 4th

Post by memory man »

"May the 4th Be With You"

WHL

Re: May 4th

Post by WHL »

Im I the only person on the planet, that hasn't watched one minute of Star wars? :shock:
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes for sure....
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

WHL wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:44 pm Im I the only person on the planet, that hasn't watched one minute of Star wars? :shock:
Likewise, but then I could say that about most films and TV programmes!
WHL

Post by WHL »

galexinda wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:51 pm
WHL wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:44 pm Im I the only person on the planet, that hasn't watched one minute of Star wars? :shock:
I watch a lot of films, but Star wars always struck me as being for children, just my opinion, obviously many millions enjoy it, hence its longevity.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

No I am the same never watched it or want to either. :)
All things are possible
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Nor me!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:24 pm
galexinda wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:51 pm
I watch a lot of films, but Star wars always struck me as being for children, just my opinion, obviously many millions enjoy it, hence its longevity.
It was a kid's movie. But the kids grew up.

I've only seen the first (well, middle) three though. They were ok, nice effects and all that. Bit long, but not as tedious as Lord Of The Rings.

Did anybody watch The Hobbit? Still don't know how they managed to turn that into a trilogy.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes it is a Childs film and an excellent one too, I was very young when I watched at the Paris Cinema in Coventry. With our young children who never forgot the movie..
Jim.
cactus

Post by cactus »

I've never seen any of them either, but my birthday is May 4th so you can imagine all the "Original" and "Hilarious" comments every year .....
June

Post by June »

mouse wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:32 pm Guess I'm the only one who recently watched ALL of the star wars movies in chronological order as opposed to release date, although I did bypass the naff animated ones, yup I'm a trekky too ! No hope I guess ! Who remembers short circuit , stargate or even BLAKES7 ?
Remember Short Circuit....loved it....and Stargate :D Not Blake 7. Son is 32 so don't think we got into that :D
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Blakes 7 was truly impressive as it had such shit effects even for the time. Gluing two head driers together for a space ship. That sort of thing.

It just goes to show how much a good story can cover up the cracks.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We used to watch Merlin when it was on, and our kids were growing up. As a family show it was great. However, I happened to catch an episode on repeat the other day. I couldn't believe how childish it was. You forget when you are watching with kids.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

No.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:05 am We used to watch Merlin when it was on, and our kids were growing up. As a family show it was great. However, I happened to catch an episode on repeat the other day. I couldn't believe how childish it was. You forget when you are watching with kids.
We used to watch all the carry on films when they were on at the cinema back in the day, and we used to love them, tried to watch one recently and switched off after ten minutes, shows how much we have changed.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 am
Dominic wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:05 am We used to watch Merlin when it was on, and our kids were growing up. As a family show it was great. However, I happened to catch an episode on repeat the other day. I couldn't believe how childish it was. You forget when you are watching with kids.
We used to watch all the carry on films when they were on at the cinema back in the day, and we used to love them, tried to watch one recently and switched off after ten minutes, shows how much we have changed.
I haven't seen one for years. What made you switch off? Was it the quality of the acting or the scripts?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:12 am
WHL wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 am
I haven't seen one for years. What made you switch off? Was it the quality of the acting or the scripts?
We just found it a bit cringe worthy, As I said we used to love going to the flicks in the 60s to watch them, Sid James is Sid James, I dont think anyone expected him to win an oscar, it just seemed so dated
we enjoy many black and white films, just watched the thirty nine steps which we enjoyed
And Tiger bay.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

39 Steps is a classic. Nothing beats The Third Man though. I just love the camera angles.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:53 pm 39 Steps is a classic. Nothing beats The Third Man though. I just love the camera angles.
The third man never dates, we have been to vienna a few times as we have family there, and the last time we were there, we found out there is a group tour you can do, which takes you around the locations of the film , even down the city drains, might do that one day,
we always watch black and white classic films usually on a sunday afternoon before the football, never get tired of them, and some of them were way before their time dealing with some taboo social issues of the day