Paphos Airport

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lofos-Jan

Re: Paphos Airport

Post by Lofos-Jan »

There’s a lady on Facebook sending a letter to Hermes about this. No idea why it’s happening - the problem started a few weeks ago. Maybe they have accepted too many uncovered parking bookings. Many people are having to park in Bonamare car park and walk. I have never experienced this at an airport where you cannot park in on-site airport parking so they do need to find out what’s causing it!

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
ast

Post by ast »

It was the same last Sunday, I had to drop passengers outside the main door stopping traffic, car park was blocked with cones.
A car park attendant told me car park full but you can park in the staff car park at the old terminal further down.

Why the car park is so busy I am not sure. 😎
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Could it be that they are using the terminal carpark for long stay carpark !!
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

It was already several times like that. Absolutely impossible to find a parking spot somewhere.
Louise :)
strathearnlee

Post by strathearnlee »

It was the same on Friday when we returned to the UK, our friends used the taxi rank to drop us off to the annoyance of the taxi drivers. The car parks were blocked off and all the drop off spaces were full. I have never seen it like that in over 10 years of travelling to Cyprus.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It was manic when I arrived at the airport a week last Friday at 12.15, to meet a friend's flight. That day the former larger car park nearest the terminal, was being used for coaches. There were about 6 there. The smaller car park behind, formerly used for coaches,I think, was being used for cars.It was full and coned off. Behind that, the remaining car park was marked long stay and covered parking... there seemed to be space in it. But not knowing what the charges for using it might be, I decided not to use that.The traffic was solid around the whole arc of road in front of the terminal.
I retreated down to the old terminal, but there were no car parking spaces around there either. So, I found a quiet entrance to another off road parking, and remained there until my friend rang/ texted me to tell me she was in arrivals. I could only meet her, by stopping car momentarily in front of the terminal so she could load her luggage in the boot. Thus there was a chorus of angry sounding car horns. Stopping once she was in the car and I moved off.
What a mess - have they stopped cars from using the big car park nearest the terminal?
Surely coaches should be parking in the smaller car park behind?
There seem to be far more frequent flights arriving all day and this was April and only the start of the tourist season. Something must be done now to stop this build up of traffic by the terminal.
Paphos is such a little airport, there must be an absolute limit to how many flights per day use it and there must be sufficien5 parking space for vehicles who need to go there,
Dee