Manchester Airport Queues

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ast

Manchester Airport Queues

Post by ast »

Just for information for those who may be travelling from Manchester in the near future I came through Terminal 2 today and queues at security were small and it took me no more than 15mins total to get through, I thought is was very organised..
Arrival in Paphos was very quiet with no other flights at that time and off the plane and through in 10mins. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
PhotoLady

Re: Manchester Airport Queues

Post by PhotoLady »

Similar stories from friends and ex-colleagues travelling through T1 and T2.

The early morning (06:15 and before 08:00) seem to be the busiest and not helped by people turning up 4+ hours before their flights, as it just clogs the system up for those passengers on the later departures.

We fly next month on a weekend at 16:00hrs, same time as our friends went this weekend. They sailed through the check-in and security checks in under 15 minutes.
🤞 it's the same for us!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I collected my wife from Paphos at 2pm yesterday (Monday) and it was very busy. Eight flights landed at the same time, the car park was full and getting through immigration took the wife over an hour even with an EU passport as the authorities were scanning Covid Passes and stamping British passports.
MikeTy

Post by MikeTy »

I'm travelling from T2 at 9.10am next Weds. Apparently T2 has been less affected by queues compared to T1 given flight volume is less. Hopefully, I've not just jinxed it :lol:

My son travelled from T1 last Sunday with baggage checked in & through security in under 45 mins. Advice was to arrive 4 hours before the flight, he was there 3 hours early with no issues.

Mike
J B

Post by J B »

ast wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 pm Just for information for those who may be travelling from Manchester in the near future I came through Terminal 2 today and queues at security were small and it took me no more than 15mins total to get through, I thought is was very organised..
Two questions, if I may ...

1. What time was your flight?

2. What gates do Jet2 use?
J B
sueb

Post by sueb »

We were on the Easyjet from Manchester T1 to Paphos on the 18th April.

Took us 1 hour from getting dropped off by our daughter to getting into the departure lounge. We had booked Fast Track security via Manchester airport. Well worth the 5 pound each. The time was 11.40 arrival for a flight at 14.45. Looking at the "normal security area' it was very busy.

One thing i did notice was that Ryanair flights were from T1 and then had to walk via the departure lounge to T3 so increased traffic to T1. Seen in the Mail today that this is changing on Friday.

Through Paphos Airport so quick and easy. Truly glad to be home!

One other thing. I came through passport control and had my Meu1 to show at passport control. No stamp on passport
Husband did not show his Meu1 and had his passport stamped.
Happy to be back on the Island!
ast

Post by ast »

J B wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:51 pm
ast wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 pm Just for information for those who may be travelling from Manchester in the near future I came through Terminal 2 today and queues at security were small and it took me no more than 15mins total to get through, I thought is was very organised..
Two questions, if I may ...

1. What time was your flight?

2. What gates do Jet2 use?
I was with Jet 2 and it was terminal 2 gate B1, flight was a 9.15am departure and on time and like I said 15 mins through Manchester security and straight through at paphos end.
J B

Post by J B »

Just a follow up
We came through T2 this morning - Jet2
Arrived about 06.30 and were through security etc by 07.10 despite Mrs B being stopped for about ten minutes at security x-ray for having too much jewellery!!! :lol:

Good job we didn't take the OP's advice on gate B2, as we were A5!

Nice to land in the sunshine for a change - we usually use Easyjet which land after dark!
J B
MikeTy

Post by MikeTy »

The day before (Weds) was a lot busier. We arrived at the airport at 6.45 and took over 70 minutes to get through security. Massive queue snaking around the concourse. People with fast track bookings were taking 30/45 minutes. Chatting to one of the security guys he said they had recruited but still needed more, but a big issue was people not following the guidelines regarding liquids. Certainly when I made it through my lane there were about 20 bags to be inspected.

Mike
ast

Post by ast »

J B wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:27 pm Just a follow up
We came through T2 this morning - Jet2
Arrived about 06.30 and were through security etc by 07.10 despite Mrs B being stopped for about ten minutes at security x-ray for having too much jewellery!!! :lol:

Good job we didn't take the OP's advice on gate B2, as we were A5!

Nice to land in the sunshine for a change - we usually use Easyjet which land after dark!
I did no advise you to go to Gate B2, i just told you were my flight left from.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Have just come through T1 security at Manchester.

Was very busy. Fortunately we booked fast track which at a fiver a head was well worth it. Took us about 20 minutes to get through.
J B

Post by J B »

ast wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:12 am I did no advise you to go to Gate B2, i just told you were my flight left from.
Sorry - my bad choice of words :oops:
J B
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why were you unable to prebook? We have a directory of taxi services.

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/taxi_services
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Flew back yesterday to Manchester

It took no more than 45 minutes from landing to exiting the terminal building and we had to collect a case.
ast

Post by ast »

I also did another Manchester run last week out of the UK and back and all was fine, check in desks looked busy but i don't use them but security was quick and on the return passport control was fine straight through.
I see in the UK press that Birmingham was struggling with long waits recently. 8-)