Paphos airport busy tomorrow

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dodo

Re: Paphos airport busy tomorrow

Post by dodo »

Yep, that correct, with 29 uk arrivals.

Maybe more random flight testing will happen!?

Family arrived 12 days ago, late arrival as pilot tested positive before leaving UK plus whole plane pulled for testing at Paphos.

On a plus note be good to see restaurants and bars busy👍
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Here’s hoping that other U.K. airports have better staffing levels on security screening than the carnage at Manchester
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I always found Stansted to be the longest waits, at security and passport control…. Although I flew from there 3 weeks ago and returned, with hardly a queue…. The Easter holidays will be testing them for the first time since the pandemic started.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

That's if they all make it...

easyJet and BA cancelling flights with late notice, although easyJet have said they will try to consolidate where possible.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

My daughter said they have 840 guests arriving this week so starting to pick up.
Drove along the front the other morning and that was very busy as well.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Good news for the Cyprus economy
ast

Post by ast »

I have recently been through Manchester Stansted and Leeds Bradford and no hold ups anywhere, of course the Easter rush changes things but Manchester In my opinion has always been slow at pushing people through. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
daveg

Post by daveg »

Picked wife up last night from Paphos airport, plane arrived early,from landing to exiting carpark just 30 mins. Excellent service......
WHL

Post by WHL »

mouse wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:02 pm It is good to see tourists coming to the island , many into all inclusive hotels . Raises a question , some hotels have changed ownership so how many are Cypriot owned and how many not ? I don't feel all inclusive hotels help the economy much , whereas the airb&b will be buying food from local shops and eating out .
All inclusive still provide jobs for locals, hotels need to buy provisions , laundry, and a host of other services plus the staff working there.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Les Bean wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:58 am
WHL wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:45 am
mouse wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:02 pm It is good to see tourists coming to the island , many into all inclusive hotels . Raises a question , some hotels have changed ownership so how many are Cypriot owned and how many not ? I don't feel all inclusive hotels help the economy much , whereas the airb&b will be buying food from local shops and eating out .
All inclusive still provide jobs for locals, hotels need to buy provisions , laundry, and a host of other services plus the staff working there.
Much of which has to be done when the guests are not ai. Ai started in places where it was unsafe to venture outside of the hotel. Imo that's the places in which it should have stayed
Ive visited all inclusive hotels were friends have been staying, and apart from the Aldiana which was high end, in all the others the drinks were undrinkable, watered down beer and spirits that I would only use to clean toilet bowls.....
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

AI doesn't lock their guests down with a ball and chain.
It's only a small amount of tourists who have that mentality that says "I've paid for it, so I'm having it".

The majority of tourists are normal folk who go on holiday to see different places and explore...

In Cyprus, or if you like - just Paphos district:
How many hotels are wholly All Inclusive?
How many are Half Board but offer an upgrade to All Inclusive?

How many are wholly B&B or Half Board?
How many Self-catering apartments are there?
How many Villa holidays are there, registered with Tour Operators where a car is generally included with the package of flights and accommodation?
How many Privately Owned rental apartments and villas are there?

What do you think those guests in the last 4 categories do for meals and drinks, or go to take in some evening entertainment?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

WHL wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:14 am in all the others the drinks were undrinkable, watered down beer and spirits that I would only use to clean toilet bowls.....
Its isn’t possible to water down the beer in kegs. However, at the request of the hoteliers, Keo do manufacture a lower alcohol brew for AI hotels….and yes, it does taste like it’s watered down.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Never ceases to amaze me how interested some people are in how other people take their holidays.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
June

Post by June »

Which is Mouse ?

PM me if more appropriate :) x
Emma Rogers

Post by Emma Rogers »

Hi!
As I think, all inclusive hotels help local economy.
At first, I agree with statement that all inclusive hotels provide new job offers.
Secondly, the level of services is higher the more tourists visit the country. So a large number of all inclusive hotels may attract more tourists.
Thirdly, It is very hot in summer in Cyprus. So some people don't chose it as a place to go on vacation. The possibility to spend all day in hotel and hide from the sun (cause it's all inclusive) can also attract tourists.
At the same time, It's a crime to stay all day in hotel in spring and autumn. I think tourists (except the laziest ones) will go to explore local attractions, cafes and spend their money :)
Interested to know your opinion!
ast

Post by ast »

Its very simple really All inclusive is a choice if that's what you want the same as B and B half board etc, if all inclusive works for some hotels then its because people want that not because they have too. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !