Customs at Paphos airport - On items from UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jimgward

Customs at Paphos airport - On items from UK

Post by Jimgward »

I am coming over from UK with new linens etc. Will Paphos airport customs try to charge me any fees?
WHL

Re: Customs at Paphos airport - On items from UK

Post by WHL »

Depends if they check your baggage, and if you have left them in new packaging or not?
why take the risk, plenty of linen to be found in Cyprus shops.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

The limit for importing goods into the EU by air is 430 Euros per person and I have been back three times since Brexit and have never seen anyone being stopped at customs
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hopefully nobody who looks at this forum will be on duty.

And you would be surprised who looks at this forum!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

I wasn't suggesting that I bring back more than the amount allowed - I would think in most cases 430 euros is more than enough to cover the cost of UK shopping with weight restrictions, especially if there is more than one person travelling, although I would much rather go back to the pre-Brexit days when I could shop till I dropped regardless of size or weight and just have it all shipped at a very reasonable cost but don't get me started on that one!!
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Thanks for replies.... I am not bringing in anything over that value.... It's actually because finding things like Egyptian Cotton, high thread count, is so much easier (and cheaper) in the UK
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We've been here permanently since covid. Original bedlinen 17 years old and although only used for around half of the year, had deterioated, especially the elasticated fitted sheets as the elastic had rotted.
We just got a big order from Marks UK. They promise no customs charges and free delivery for over €70. Ordered on Sunday and delivered by Friday. Brilliant service.
Since Marks provided online delivery, either from Marks London or Symonidies Cyprus, their prices in the shops have been the same as the UK and occasionally cheaper because of fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgward wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:16 pm Thanks for replies.... I am not bringing in anything over that value.... It's actually because finding things like Egyptian Cotton, high thread count, is so much easier (and cheaper) in the UK
I am a lover of decent sheets too. When we arrived in Cyprus, I assumed that given its proximity to Egypt, it would be easy to buy. I share your frustration.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thank you, John. Your post is very interesting to me, as am currently in UK. I have noticed some deterioration as well in my bed linen after 10 + years. I will investigate now first hand with the local store.
Thanks again.

Dee