How to?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
sueb

How to?

Post by sueb »

Help please!

Need to get some documents certified for a private UK pension.

Went to the Tax office cafe to get them done today. Was told they are not allowed to certify passports and the like. Have had things done there last year.

Went to our Bank and was told the same. Again in the past they have done them.

Where to go please? A lawyer was mentioned but is there another option?

Anyone know if the Banks in the UK will carry out the process? Going to the UK soon so that might be an option.

Thanks in advance.
Sue
Happy to be back on the Island!
Maggie B

Re: How to?

Post by Maggie B »

Hi Sue. I really have no idea how to guide/help you . . . . But, in the opposite direction we had to get documents verified by a UK Solicitor to claim my 'Old Man's' Cypriot pension 😁. I will have to do the same in a few years.

It's simple . . . .and probably the easiest and straightforward way to get it sorted. It just cuts out the angst and gets it done. . . . . . Good luck.

Maggie B
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I had mine done at a lawyer's, they photo copy passport, utility bill and bank statement, stamp and sign them and that's it, it cost me €20.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

I have used the mukhtar of the village or if he wasn't available used a notary. This is if they do not have to be translated and / or apostled. There are a number of apostle services in Cyprus search on the web for details.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Notary will only provide a confirmation stamp that confirms a copy of a passport is correct, they will not put a a Notary stamp on it.
I've done this numerous times when I've needed proof that confirmation of the copy is of my passport and that has always been accepted.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

In the past I have had documents certified by a lawyer in Paphos.
Just contact a lawyer by phone first. I used Ruth Hadfield Hadjiannou.Tel: 99 105460
She was very helpful.

Dee
sueb

Post by sueb »

Thank you all for your replies.

Having done some further research. I have found out that the UK Post Offices provide a service for certifications. We are going to the UK soon so will firstly try our Bank and then the Post Office.

Thanks again.
sueb

Post by sueb »

From an email sent today.

The bank will be fine thank you.

In regards to the post office is the certification conducted by one of the below mentioned officials? If not then I don't think we could accept it this way unfortunately.

· an official of an embassy, consulate or high commission of the country issuing the individual’s passport;

• a member of the judiciary;

• a serving police or customs officer;

• a lawyer or notary public; or

• a director, officer or manager of a regulated financial services business.

This is the reply I got from Pension provider today. So fingers crossed the UK Bank will do it.