Android tv box.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
daveg

Android tv box.

Post by daveg »

Anyone else having problems with their Android ( Trio tech) TV box?
Cyta tell me it's a general problem......with tv progs stop/ starting etc......
Paul

Re: Android tv box.

Post by Paul »

Yes the sound is out of sync with the video, this started about 6 pm on Pick channel
sued51

Post by sued51 »

Yes we’re having the same problems, I rang triotech and they said it was down to Cyta, we rebooted the router as also advised by them but it’s got even worse so we rang Cyta who said they’d had lots of complaints about boxes and were looking into it but that if we could get YouTube or other videos ok it wasn’t down to them. We can get Amazon and Netflix so if Cyta are correct it must be the box - I’m intending taking it in to Triotech tomorrow morning.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Unless cyta are not giving you the correct speeds, its down to your provider, it is a problem their end.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Have given up with live tv ....Onto Nirvana for a film, will see how it goes....
Hate this " ping pong" between Cyta and Triotech, both blame each other....
holitec

Post by holitec »

This is a strange issue, we have loads of customers with both android and MAG boxes, mine is absolutely glitch free, but some customers have issues as described above. Not all, probably only 5%, which is strange.

As stated above, cyta are aware of issues with streaming. YouTube and Netflix usually have local cache servers, so will probably be ok. I have my suspicions, as something similar happened before, but I have not had a chance to visit someone who is experiencing these issues to do a trace route.

last time I had this, I found some traffic was routed via Langley in the US for some reason, causing longer than normal transit times back to Europe.

Hopefully, it will resolve itself soon.

Regards

Digby
Paul

Post by Paul »

Anyone having problems with there box and primetel.
WHL

Post by WHL »

If you are all using the same provider, there lies your answer.
J B

Post by J B »

We have a Triotech box that we bought in October 2019.
It was a bit glitchy some of the time but of course Triotech blamed my ISP (Netcom) and the ISP blamed them!
We then didn't visit for nearly two years and had invested in a Firsetick at home (UK) with a subscription to an IPTV provider
When we next visited Tala in September 2021 we used the firestick ... we did try the Triotech box once and it worked but didn't bother again as the Firestick did all that Triotech would do ... and more!
J B
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

holitec wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:30 pm This is a strange issue, we have loads of customers with both android and MAG boxes, mine is absolutely glitch free, but some customers have issues as described above. Not all, probably only 5%, which is strange.

As stated above, cyta are aware of issues with streaming. YouTube and Netflix usually have local cache servers, so will probably be ok. I have my suspicions, as something similar happened before, but I have not had a chance to visit someone who is experiencing these issues to do a trace route.

last time I had this, I found some traffic was routed via Langley in the US for some reason, causing longer than normal transit times back to Europe.

Hopefully, it will resolve itself soon.

Regards

Digby
I think the CIA's onto you!
wilky

Post by wilky »

Same here with Triotech but everything is fine with vpn working fine how can that be CYTA roblem
WHL

Post by WHL »

Buy yourself The latest fire stick or fire cube more memory for recording, pay for an IPTV provider, and you won't look back, my one costs forty pound a year, has every sports channel on the planet plus every tv channel you could want.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We use a firestick and smart dns so we watch tv as we would in the UK. Never any problem with buffering and a much higher definition picture than the box being discussed. Our neighbour has an old box. Has been told she needs to upgrade her box otherwise she will only get 1 hours catchup. We have put an old firestick and taken out a smart dns subscription for her. Her box in now stored away. Much greater choice on the official UK tv catchup sites.

Smart dns is installed onto your modem. Easy to do. Plus, unlike a vpn, it does not slow you down. Also, you can install 5 of their smart dns proxy vpns on other devices, so even if you are away from your own modem, you can still access UK tv.

No problem now with buffering or being thrown out of a catchup programme and having to start again. Occasonal whoops, something is wrong but rights itself within a few seconds. Also we can watch Amazon tv, which we couldn't before getting smart dns as amazon knew we were using a vpn. Worth trying it as they give you a 2 week free trial. Plus, the cost of subscription with a 2 year contract is only around €55.
Last edited by Anarita John on Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

After posting yesterday that I was taking my box into triotech today we gave it another try and it worked perfectly!!
Fingers crossed it continues to do so, but if we have more problems it looks like we’ll have to get a firestick
Paul

Post by Paul »

Sound out of sync again on Pick channel.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Our triotech box has been fine
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Paul

Post by Paul »

it's back to normal now!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Anyone else having problems tonight with your triotec box.
Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have contacted cyta and had them reset the router from there end and the problem has gone!
So if you're having problems call them.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Anarita John wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:52 pm We use a firestick and smart dns so we watch tv as we would in the UK. Never any problem with buffering and a much higher definition picture than the box being discussed. Our neighbour has an old box. Has been told she needs to upgrade her box otherwise she will only get 1 hours catchup. We have put an old firestick and taken out a smart dns subscription for her. Her box in now stored away. Much greater choice on the official UK tv catchup sites.

Smart dns is installed onto your modem. Easy to do. Plus, unlike a vpn, it does not slow you down. Also, you can install 5 of their smart dns proxy vpns on other devices, so even if you are away from your own modem, you can still access UK tv.

No problem now with buffering or being thrown out of a catchup programme and having to start again. Occasonal whoops, something is wrong but rights itself within a few seconds. Also we can watch Amazon tv, which we couldn't before getting smart dns as amazon knew we were using a vpn. Worth trying it as they give you a 2 week free trial. Plus, the cost of subscription with a 2 year contract is only around €55.
John
If you don't mind, could you tell which Smart DNS system you're using. We have two Fire Sticks which we use Amazon TV but would also like to fully use what' channels are available.