Booster jab procedure

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
carl01

Booster jab procedure

Post by carl01 »

Anyone know the current process for getting a booster jab? I had my second AstraZeneca just under 7 months ago. Can I just turn up at Paphos General with my papers, or do I need to make an appointment? If so, how?
daveg

Re: Booster jab procedure

Post by daveg »

Just turn up...suggest late afternoon to avoid crowd..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

If you prefer you can book a slot online at the GESY vaccination portal, which unless your GP booked your initial jabs, you would have used for your original 2 shots of AZ. We booked ours for Polis Hospital as we did with our original shots, and it was if anything even easier this time. Booked for 11:00 and 11:15, arrived 10:47, both done, including the 10 min wait, by 11:00 and home by 11:30.

For us, well worth the extra 10 min drive compared to Paphos General, which neither have us have ever set foot in - we’d have spent the 10 mins parking and finding our way around. At Polis you’d have to try hard to park more than 50-100 metres from where you actually receive the vaccine shot.

Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We just turned up in the afternoon. Small queue but nothing horrendous. Took us about 20 minutes.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Pfizer booster only given with appointment,
carl01

Post by carl01 »

Thanks all. Forgot to ask, is there any choice as to Pfizer/Moderna?
WHL

Post by WHL »

carl01 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:32 pm Thanks all. Forgot to ask, is there any choice as to Pfizer/Moderna?
Pfizer only offered if you book appointment.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

I had an appointment sent by email from the Ministry of Health and was given Moderna
WHL

Post by WHL »

bmwx5 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:56 pm I had an appointment sent by email from the Ministry of Health and was given Moderna
When I booked my appointment through the GESY website, I had the choice of choosing either one, when you just walk in you only get Moderna offered to you.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I used the walk in service in Paphos General and received Pfizer, was in and out within minutes. I went late afternoon around 5ish I think it was.
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

If you're not with GESY, you can't book an appointment. I was given the Pfizer booster as a non-GESY walk-in at Paphos General just under a month ago. Perhaps it's changed now.

If you're going as a walk-in, don't leave it too late in the afternoon. They stopped handing out tickets about 80 minutes before closing when I was there. Be prepared to walk around the hospital to find out the actual location as the signs were no help.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

I am none GESY and booked all 3 of my appointments through the Ministery of Health by email to which they responded with date , time and location
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

bmwx5 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:45 pm I am none GESY and booked all 3 of my appointments through the Ministery of Health by email to which they responded with date , time and location
OK, interesting. I did my first two that way but thought the 3rd jab was different.
carl01

Post by carl01 »

I logged in to Gesy and couldn't see any option of booking a booster.
WHL

Post by WHL »

It changed a few weeks ago regards walking and getting Pfizer , I posted about it at the time
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

When I had my booster, I was told that they were using Pfizer or Moderna on alternate days. The day when I went was a Pfizer one. I didn't mind which one I was given. I just went to the walk in, in the afternoon. This has the advantage as the main hospital is very quiet then, on all 3 occasions I was able to park at the front of the hospital with minimal walk into the hospital.
It seemed to me that the whole vaccination prog as I saw it in action, was run very efficiently.
Dee
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

carl01 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:47 pm I logged in to Gesy and couldn't see any option of booking a booster.
First click the vaccination tab and then log in.
Louise :)
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

carl01 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:47 pm I logged in to Gesy and couldn't see any option of booking a booster.
The GESY homepage has two portals. The main one plus a separate one for Vaccination.

https://www.gesy.org.cy/launchpad.html

Ian
carl01

Post by carl01 »

Thanks Louise - pretty obvious now you've explained it!
carl01

Post by carl01 »

Got it done this morning (Moderna today). Just in case anyone else is planning to do so, I'd suggest not making an appointment as that side was crowded and there was nobody in the walk-in side, in and out in a few minutes. Thanks again for the help.