Boosters

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Boosters

Post by WHL »

Ive got an appointment for the Pfizer booster tomorrow morning, but as I was passing by this afternoon I thought I would pop in and see if I could get it done today, I was gold as from today Pfizer will only be given by appointment, not through walk ins, I was offered the medorna one , I said il come back tomorrow
WHL

Re: Boosters

Post by WHL »

Wensbry wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:58 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:22 pm Ive got an appointment for the Pfizer booster tomorrow morning, but as I was passing by this afternoon I thought I would pop in and see if I could get it done today, I was gold as from today Pfizer will only be given by appointment, not through walk ins, I was offered the medorna one , I said il come back tomorrow

My Wife and I are non GESY so did walk in last Friday and we had Pfizer, actually we weren’t given a choice
I was told they got the instruction not to give walk ins the Pfizer today,
memory man

Post by memory man »

WHL wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:10 pm

Who told you?
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

A friend had Pfizer at walk in at Paphos General earlier today, just after midday, in and out in 20 mins and based on the photo of the waiting area I was sent, very quiet. Had the choice of joining a queue for either Pfizer or Moderna so perhaps this was before you arrived?

Ian
WHL

Post by WHL »

memory man wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:36 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:10 pm

Who told you?
I went in at ten past four , about six walk ins after me, as we were waiting ,, the admin lady walked out of her office and said,,,,, she had just been informed by the ministry, that no more Pfizer's would be given to walk ins, only to people with appointments from now on, I told her I did have an appointment for tomorrow, she said it is not possible, only if I come on my appointment, will I get the Pfizer, if I want a jab today it would be the other one.
WHL

Post by WHL »

PolemIan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:16 pm A friend had Pfizer at walk in at Paphos General earlier today, just after midday, in and out in 20 mins and based on the photo of the waiting area I was sent, very quiet. Had the choice of joining a queue for either Pfizer or Moderna so perhaps this was before you arrived?

Ian
I was at Larnaca, but the lady said this was straight from the ministry,
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Ah ok, just assumed Paphos. We’re booked for Polis next week
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just an update, went for my jab this morning, about 200 people waiting in a mass outside the entrance, a Burly security guard walks out at 8am, and in a voice which, Mike Tyson would sit up and take notice of said, make two lines, one for walk ins, and one for those that have appointments, the crowd did this with social distancing from six inches to one foot, she then went on to say, ''As from yesterday, no walk ins will be offered the Pfizer jab only the moderna , no one left, so Im guessing people are not to worried what jab they got, anyway once, inside very organized, in and out in ten minutes,
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Ministry of Health sent me an appointment by email last week . Went this morning 11-25 am and after checking in at reception been sent upstairs for my Moderna jab I was in and out in 15 mins. Very organized unlike the walk-ins on the 1st floor with long queues
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

bmwx5 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:09 pm Ministry of Health sent me an appointment by email last week . Went this morning 11-25 am and after checking in at reception been sent upstairs for my Moderna jab I was in and out in 15 mins. Very organized unlike the walk-ins on the 1st floor with long queues
We were at A&E this morning and the place was mobbed.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Oh dear. I have an appointment with a consultant early on Monday. I hope I can get in..
Trev..
Lucie

Post by Lucie »

Please the walk-in jab is available any working day now?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We just popped in for my wife's Booster, in and out in ten minutes. She wasn't told to wait after the jab we went at twenty to four. As I said this morning was crowded so best going in the afternoon.
glowred

Post by glowred »

We were the same, went in at 4.20, only a few people infront of us and out in 10 mins. Despite there being only a few people there it was still the usual chaos!

Neil