Boosters for non-GESY.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Boosters for non-GESY.

Post by Dominic »

Where do you go for your booster if you aren't on GESY? I know it is the General Hospital on a Friday, but at what time and where?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
wantoosoon

Re: Boosters for non-GESY.

Post by wantoosoon »

It's 8 am to 6 pm on Fridays at Paphos General Hospital according to this. I suppose you go to the usual walk-in place. I've never been.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Usually the afternoons are quieter than the mornings....plus the parking is much easier too.

Dee
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Dominic wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:59 am Where do you go for your booster if you aren't on GESY? I know it is the General Hospital on a Friday, but at what time and where?
They’re doing boosters on any day for non GESY residents at the General, appreciate it states Fridays but not a problem.
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Went this morning, arrived 7.45, 60 people in front of us, luckily a small number of us were randomly picked to go to the rooms allocated for appointments out by 09.00 car park chaos and large queue outside the hospital when we left. I think bringing the booster date forward to 5 months and 2 weeks has caused a surge.
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

I got my booster jab at Paphos General yesterday afternoon. I showed up at about 4 pm and the outdoor queueing area was empty and the door was locked. I wandered inside to the appointment-only vaccination area to find that it was also completely abandoned. It was like a post-apocalyptic video game, minus the zombies. Then I went past the reception desks and discovered an unruly scrum of people crowding a corridor. 'Ah,' I thought, 'that looks like a vaccination queue.'

There were no signs, but people told me that I was indeed in the right place. They directed me towards a slightly dodgy-looking man in a black tracksuit loitering near a doorway further down the corridor. He had no name badge or ID on him, but he was the right person to talk to. He handed me a numbered ticket and I found a place to stand, trying to socially distance myself from the sixty other people doing the same thing. After ten minutes, a tiny female security guard came out of a door and whispered some numbers in Greek. Everyone thronged around her and started loudly asking her questions. No one could hear anything in the resulting hubbub until a woman took it upon herself to shout the numbers in English loudly down the hallway, for which we were all grateful.

Things continued this way for some time, with a few people getting quite shirty and loud, and the human megaphone blasting out the numbers like a town crier hosting a bingo event. At around 4:40, the tracksuit man stopped handing out tickets and all newcomers were sent away. A British couple arrived and responded furiously, saying this was the third day in a row they'd been turned away. After they'd stormed off, all the other British people shared a knowing smirk and shrug.

My number was about 150 ahead of the numbers being called when I arrived, but we got through them fairly quickly, as many people had got sick of standing in a noisy, chilly, crowded corridor and left early. After waiting for about an hour, I got through the magical doorway and was jabbed within five minutes. My arm is a touch sore today but otherwise I feel fine.