TAX RETURN - TIC NUMBER

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
emgee

TAX RETURN - TIC NUMBER

Post by emgee »

Can anyone help please?

I have been trying to complete my Tax Return but in part 4, the system won't accept my 9 digit TIC number. The number that I have been using for years is basically my Alien Card number with an 05 in front and a capital letter at the end.

Wasted a day today.

Thanks.

Alan
Polly

Re: TAX RETURN - TIC NUMBER

Post by Polly »

I think you need to apply for a TIC from the tax office. Either go down to the office and get one or you can download an application form from the website. I think they are open now and so you will probably be given one straight away.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Morning, you obviously have a TIC no. So applying for another is not the answer.
On part one of the return it asks you if any details have changed, if so alter them
Your TIC is still the same so it automatically fills it in all through the form. You do not have to put it in yourself....
That may help you?
If not then they do respond quickly to an email ....
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Your TIC number is your Taxpayer Identification Code which you would have been given when your first registered at the tax department. It is not the same number as your Alien card number.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

emgee wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:22 pm Can anyone help please?

I have been trying to complete my Tax Return but in part 4, the system won't accept my 9 digit TIC number. The number that I have been using for years is basically my Alien Card number with an 05 in front and a capital letter at the end.

Wasted a day today.

Thanks.

Alan
Just checked my 2020 Tax Return and as you say the number is 05 followed by 6 numbers and a capital letter at the end. EG 05123123C
The number is the same as my Cyprus ID Number.
josef k

Post by josef k »

My TIC is my alien number, from the yellow slip, with a zero in front and a capital letter at the end. Been using it for 15 years without problem.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Thanks very much for all your inputs. I sent an e-mail to the Tax office and had a reply very shortly afterwards instructing me what to do.

Beers all round, methinks!

Alan
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

My Tax REFERENCE number is the same one as used on any official document - MEU3, driving licence etc, etc - but my TIC (Tax Payer Identification Code) is a completely different number which I have been using on tax returns for years.
A long time ago when updating information with the Hellenic Bank they asked for my TIC & when I gave my Alien Registration number I was told that was not the same as my TIC.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Tuppence wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:54 pm A long time ago when updating information with the Hellenic Bank they asked for my TIC & when I gave my Alien Registration number I was told that was not the same as my TIC.
Same here. My TIC isn´t the same as the number on my yellow slip.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Got a T.I.C. number today

I filled in the application form for a T.I.C number, to be on the safe side one of the ladies in my solicitors office checked I had filled it in right.

Then I was off to the tax office, in reception there is a lady with a computer there, I gave her the form and a copy of my MEU 3.

I explained what had happened for me to need a tax number, she then went on the computer entered the data and said it was done I had my T.I.C number in around 10 to 15 minuets.

So next year I have to fill in a tax form.

Paul