car rental UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

car rental UK

Post by WHL »

Just looking for car rental for September and prices seem to be alot higher then usual, Im not looking for a Del Boy rental company, but would any of you good folk, have some recommendations, cheers.
Paul

Re: car rental UK

Post by Paul »

Try Indigo car hire, they cater for people with and without a credit cards.
Paul
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Car hire definitely far more expensive this year.
I looked at a Picanto for the last week of September and was quoted £360.
I've played less than that for three weeks with the same company in the past.
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Always found this company the best value to book with...
https://www.economycarrentals.com/en-us
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

panoscouse wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:11 pm Always found this company the best value to book with...
https://www.economycarrentals.com/en-us
Me too, but it was they who quoted the £360.
I've checked again and it's gone down to £246 for the same week, but still feel that's quite expensive, maybe i've been spoiled.
WHL

Post by WHL »

one weeks rental is averaging 4-5 hundred pound plus,for a small car, check out the small print, for the cars being advertised for 2-3 hundred, they are asking for card deposits from 1200 -1800 when you pick the car up, I had some bother with one of these company's, a few years ago, where they were trying to find every imaginary scratch known to man to keep some money, I might not bother renting this time, as using uber for the trips I want, is working out cheaper?
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Whichever company you choose, please read the review websites first - could save you a fortune
WHL

Post by WHL »

merchant_banker wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:42 pm Whichever company you choose, please read the review websites first - could save you a fortune
Thanks for the advice, I do rent regularly and avoid the too good to be true ones, they are loaded with hidden extras, which turn out to be more expensive, I usually rent with Avis or Enterprise , a bit dearer but no hidden extras, and if your a member with them, they usually upgrade you without you even asking, its just this trip, the prices seem to have doubled that's why I was asking for recomendations, cheers