SKY change coding

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Spitimou

Re: SKY change coding

Post by Spitimou »

How will this affect our Eurosport channels ? We watch a lot of Eurosport.
holitec

Post by holitec »

This does not seem to have effected any of the local MAG box providers.

Digby
JimX

Post by JimX »

Digby hello..

One of my suppliers has had problems with Eurosport, in fact when it did come back all commentary was in Dutch! now fixed but still flaky and glitchy at times.
Jim.
holitec

Post by holitec »

great thing about the MAG boxes is you can change suppliers! unless you bought a box that is locked to a provider!

Regards

Digby
JimX

Post by JimX »

Agree Digby, locking your Mag Box is out of order, if any supplier does this he owes the owner a new Mag unit. :!:
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Any thing that is locked can be unlocked .
JimX

Post by JimX »

Your clever, do tell us all how please, a Mag expert could not unlock a 256 recently that I purchased..

If indeed you cannot unlock a Mag box that you have paid for separately from the provider then I believe he should replace the unit.
Jim.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Any supplier that is locking your mag box, unless it is provided at a seriously reduced rate is bang out of order, they want exposing to warn people not to deal with them , there are loads of Fantastic iptv providers, keep away from these people
JimX

Post by JimX »

We all have a loaded flash drive to do this?

I did contact Infomir guess what, they told me to contact my TV Streaming supplier, I did not have one for this unit, so duff info from them it seems, all is well though my local chap did load the unit up, and the buyer was very happy with it, I say again if your supplier does this get him to either unlock the unit or provide you with a new Mag.

By the way can you record from your system onto a flash drive? as I can now, like to know please.

cheers.

And BigAl your right. I agree lots of excellent providers for Mag systems, I have two I use and mostly very happy, but how are you to know if one locks your Mag?, it is though diabolical for them to do this.. :x
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Thank you you answered my question.... :)

I already record to "flash drives" and indeed from Sky movies, I have a large film selection now.
Jim.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

The ones I use get nowhere near my boxes, I subscribe to their service they provide a portal address, and away you go.
biGGaz

Post by biGGaz »

Allesley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:55 pm

I did contact Infomir guess what, they told me to contact my TV Streaming supplier, I did not have one for this unit, so duff info from them it seems, all is well though my local chap did load the unit up, and the buyer was very happy with it, I say again if your supplier does this get him to either unlock the unit or provide you with a new Mag.
And BigAl your right. I agree lots of excellent providers for Mag systems, I have two I use and mostly very happy, but how are you to know if one locks your Mag?, it is though diabolical for them to do this.. :x
Only a guess, but maybe the IPTV providers that lock your unit do so to hide their identity as you are unable to see their portal address (URL).
The UK broadband providers are now supposed to be blocking the servers that transmit subscription based live premiership football, don't know if they've succeeded yet.

Jim, you've been banging on about Simon's IPTV service for years, are you now saying he is diabolical for locking your device?

Gaz
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Gaz banging on? Simon's system (an agent) is still one of the two I use, and will continue to use, but the question was an open one I thought obvious to be honest, I do know that some unscrupulous agents lock your Mag box's and they should own up..and why the third degree please???
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I agree Lloyd in fact I will be seeing our provider very soon, our subs are due, I will ask that question although I have no intentions about using another supplier at the moment, I have used Simon for years, when Sky was king! long long before Mags. :)
Jim.