BA Flights from UK to Cyprus

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

BA Flights from UK to Cyprus

Post by Firefly »

Don't know what is going on.

As a fully vaccinated person with NHS certificate, I was under the impression that to fly to Cyprus, I just needed my flight pass, now BA have contacted me, to say that I must have a Covid test before I fly, in spite of my vaccination status.

Confused, not sure if this is a BA regulation, but I cannot find it on their website if it is.

Can anyone throw any light on this please ?

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
The Aquila

Re: BA Flights from UK to Cyprus

Post by The Aquila »

Firefly

Post by Firefly »

The Aquila

It reads to me that if I am fully vaccinated against Covid 19, and have the NHS certificate, I do not need a test before my fight. I was wondering why BA seem to think that I must have. I know that unvaccinated people are required to have one.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

LB

Please would you tell me where to find this document, and if possible, the date it was issued, as this was the rule, until the complete vaccination certificate was available.

My daughter in law, who works in Cyprus, told me that she has spoken to three people today, who have all flown into Cyprus recently with BA, who only needed to upload the certificate, no test required.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

This is on the link I sent, which was issued on 21 June. It is possible that the people your daughter mentioned are resident here?

Orange Category countries - Countries with possibly low risk but greater uncertainty compared to the Green Category
 European Union member states: 1) Portugal, 2) Ireland, 3) Luxembourg, 4) Belgium, 5) Denmark, 6) Estonia, 7) France, 8) Greece, 9) Croatia, 10) Latvia, 11) Lithuania, 12) Slovenia, 13) Sweden
 Third countries: 1) China (including Hong Kong and Macau), 2) United Kingdom, 3) United States of America, 4) Japan
It is noted that passengers coming from Orange Category countries shall be required to undergo a PCR laboratory test within 72 hours prior to departure and to possess a certificate showing a negative PCR result.
It is also clarified that passengers from Orange Category countries, falling into the following categories, may undergo the molecular examination upon arrival in the Republic:
1. Cypriot citizens and family members (alien spouses and their underage children), 2. Persons legally residing in the Republic,
3. Persons entitled to enter the Republic under the Vienna Convention, and
4. Persons, irrespective of nationality, whose countries of residence (Orange category) do not provide a laboratory testing service, upon substantiation and following an announcement by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Cyprus.
It is noted that the examination cost will be borne by themselves and in addition, such persons shall remain in self-isolation until the test result is issued.
TandC

Post by TandC »

This is taken from the Cyprus Flight pass website

ttps://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/vaccinated-passengers
dodo

Post by dodo »

Firefly

As long as you've had both jabs and 2 wks have passed since 2nd jab you dont need test to fly here.
You do need to upload your certificate onto flight pass or proof of vaccination.
Alot of discussions on Paphos Facebook groups about correct requirements
Good luck
TandC

Post by TandC »

Here is what it says on the Cyprus Flight Pass website.

"Vaccinated passengers who hold a valid vaccination certificate from the public authorities of the countries referred below, regardless of their nationality, will be able to travel to the Republic of Cyprus, from any country, without having the obligation to meet the prerequisites of the corresponding country category (e.g. RT-PCR laboratory tests, self-isolation, quarantine etc., or issuance of a special permission to enter the country).

Vaccinated passengers still have to complete, within 48 hours before their last departure flight to Cyprus, the necessary application form and obtain a CyprusFlightPass"

Uk is inlcuded on the list.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

dodo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:29 pm Firefly

As long as you've had both jabs and 2 wks have passed since 2nd jab you dont need test to fly here.
You do need to upload your certificate onto flight pass or proof of vaccination.
Alot of discussions on Paphos Facebook groups about correct requirements
Good luck
Wrong information, it’s the government that publish the correct info….not Facebook
TandC

Post by TandC »

The information I published above and below is from the Cy Govt.

"Vaccinated passengers who hold a valid vaccination certificate from the public authorities of the countries referred below, regardless of their nationality, will be able to travel to the Republic of Cyprus, from any country, without having the obligation to meet the prerequisites of the corresponding country category (e.g. RT-PCR laboratory tests, self-isolation, quarantine etc., or issuance of a special permission to enter the country).
Hollyswiss

Post by Hollyswiss »

All
My husband and I arrived from UK earlier this month and we did not need a PCR test prior to flying. The process at this time ( unless it has changed in last two weeks) is that you use the NHS app which has been recently launched in UK - which the UK government uses to update and confirm your vaccination status -to prove to the Cypriot govt you had both injections ( you send the vaccination status page into your Cyprus flight pass application)
You will receive an authorisation email seconds later giving you permission to enter Cyprus . You show your “authorisation to enter Cyprus” email ( handy to have hard copy) upon arrival at airport.
As I have said unless things have changed in last two weeks this is the current policy.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Not so much a need to eat humble pie, more like the government press office need to clarify what is right and what is not.
janeandian

Post by janeandian »

We are travelling BA to Paphos on 3rd July and I have just looked at our booking and it takes you to the goevernement website for entry requirements into Cyprus and it clearly states that if you have had two vaccinations 14 days prior to travel you do not need a pre departure PCR test.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It’s seems to be very confusing then…..

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cyprus
59AABCB8-FCF1-49D1-91E9-F61DF565FAB0.png
59AABCB8-FCF1-49D1-91E9-F61DF565FAB0.png (244.72 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
janeandian

Post by janeandian »

If you click on entry requirements on that page this is an extract and quite clear

The Republic of Cyprus authorities have announced that from 1 May 2021 travellers with proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations completed within a specified timeframe before travel will not be required to take a pre-departure PCR test. (See Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status)
dodo

Post by dodo »

Cypriot government announced back in May that uk folk double jabbed were welcome to visit 👍🏽
I didn't say Facebook printed the info I stated people discussing it on Facebook 🙂
Paul

Post by Paul »

I would love to go back and see my mother (aged 94) as she has not seen me in 4 years, and having lost my wife in January to see fiends and family.
I have had both jabs and find daft that I would have to isolate for 10 days considering I would only go back for 7 days.
Ho yes I heard they ring the house your at to make sure your there twice a day at random!!
Also you are limited as to which airports you can use and none in the north east, which means hiring a car and now the cost is going through the roof.
One week car hire £600 in July, no way am I going to pay that!!!
Paul
trireme

Post by trireme »

I have asked the same question regarding double vaccinated passengers, on various Paphos forums, the answers are varied as to whether you need a PCR test or not. I e-mailed British Airways who are flying the route almost daily, their response was totally non committal, they suggested I contact the BHC in Nicosia, I doubt if he would want to get involved, I'll keep searching.
Brian
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

If it was me flying then I would rather pay and take the test rather than be refused entry or boarding.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

I can’t help but be baffled by most of this thread. Everybody has to complete the Cyprus FlightPass process right?

So you go to the FlightPass page, click on the menu icon, which brings up More Info as option which has a heading Vaccinated Passengers which makes it very clear. In simple terms an individual who has has completed their vaccinations’ then ‘trumps’ whatever traffic light status Cyprus may have bunged the country you’re travelling from into.

Three or four clicks is all it takes. As has been mentioned above, there’s even a link to this on the Gov.U.K. Site under ‘Entry Requirements’ for Cyprus.

Simple.

Ian