Car windscreen repair..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

Car windscreen repair..

Post by JimX »

Minutes after we picked up our new motor a stone off a lorry wheel slightly chipped the screen glass, so best we thought to get the damaged repaired, astonished with the bill for minutes work to be €50's, the last time I had this repair done was over 20 years ago in the UK, then the cost was well free, Autoglass, just be wary that the cost is much higher on Cyprus...not sure just how many windscreen repairers are in the Paphos area, I may have chosen the most expensive :roll:
Jim.
Uncle D

Re: Car windscreen repair..

Post by Uncle D »

Things have changed in 20 years,
I googled Autoglass chip repair and got this. Depending on the type of glass damage, the costs can vary. A single chip repair will cost £189.44 inc. VAT.

https://www.google.com/search?q=autogla ... e&ie=UTF-8

Maybe yours was free because you paid for windscreen repair/replacement on your insurance
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

I unfortunately had the same problem however overnight the chip the size of a 5 cent coin judged to be repairable had spread to a crack over 300 mm I went to Autoglass Trikkis in Paphos got a quote checked with the insurance company and had it replaced with an OEM windscreen tinted same colour etc.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Most insurance companies include glass in the Motor insurance cover. Also the good thing is that usually you do not have to pay the excess.. I found all this out after paying almost 200 euros..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

My Full insurance not only changed my windscreen when I had a chip, they replaced it with a factory part not a Chinese copy, and lent me a car for the day, Atlantic insurance.