Complex swimming pools

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

Complex swimming pools

Post by Mandyr »

Now that things are beginning to get back to a little normality, can we now use the swimming pools on the complex?
Kili01

Re: Complex swimming pools

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, apparently from yesterday. Some people where I live have started swimming in the pool, but the water feels quite cold...

Dee
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

It’s too cold for me at the moment but have been asked if they can be used now
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

If your complex matches the criteria for the regulations in force, then yes you can use the pools. If not and you are caught, then hefty fines for the individuals and the committee as well.
All things are possible
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

What are the current rules regarding complex pools?
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Cappielow1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm What are the current rules regarding complex pools?
A lifeguard for a start. Loads of other restrictions, too.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

All communal pools need to be licenced, to get a licence a strict criteria now has to be met.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

DavidatLWH wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:38 pm
Cappielow1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm What are the current rules regarding complex pools?
A lifeguard for a start. Loads of other restrictions, too.
Yeah was aware of those, thought the thread related to Covid rules.

Cheers
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

No, so far, there has been no mention of either communal swimming pools or indeed about whether walking groups can restart in the regular Govt issued corona virus health restrictions. So better to let sleeping dogs lie as the saying goes.

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Communal pools are still closed according to our property management company and there is now a sign stating the pool is closed until further notice due to Covid regulations.

Various sources of information as to which category of pools can be open include:
From the decree dated 08 May: ''The operation of swimming pools for use by persons with disabilities for therapeutic exercise as well as for sports purposes is permitted, in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the Cyprus Sports Organization'',

Council of Ministers: '19. Swimming pools are allowed for sports purposes and on the basis of the protocol in force on April 30, 2021''.

Covid Information Centre 11 May: ''For the outdoor and indoor competitive swimming pools 50m or 25m long and since there are competition routes in them, the simultaneous presence of two (2) people per route and up to two (2) coaches per swimming pool is allowed. In case there are no competitive routes in the swimming pool (eg water polo training), as well as in smaller tanks, individual training of six (6) people (including the coach) per swimming pool and keeping distances is allowed''. There is no mention about communal pools - just those for sports use.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Lincoln wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:14 pm If your complex matches the criteria for the regulations in force, then yes you can use the pools. If not and you are caught, then hefty fines for the individuals and the committee as well.
No, communal pools remain closed.

Even when they are permitted to open they must meet the criteria in the relevant Covid Protocol especially with regards to sanitisation of areas in common use and social distancing. A rather complex situation.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have just read this comment which was posted yesterday on I.C.E. Facebook Group:

''I asked the Legal Dept. at our Management Company to try and get clarification for us and this was the reply received today :

As my colleague informed you we have requested clarification from the Ministry of Health regarding the swimming pools in complexes and as yet, we have not received a reply from Nicosia regarding the issue.

I have contacted the Paphos Department and they informed me that at the present time and, as the decree declares that only pools allowed are for exercise purposes, therefore there is no confirmation that the pools in communal complexes can be used, lawfully.
He also stated that he himself has requested information from the Ministry of Health in Nicosia but he has not received a clarification yet.
The above I believe is consistent to the protocol’s requirements which cannot be followed in a communal pool.

If we take last year experience on the issue most probably the communal pools in complexes will be allowed to be used beginning of June but there is no conformation yet. We will contact the relevant department prior the end of this month.”