Cyprus Driving Licence Second Renewal

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CYWALL

Cyprus Driving Licence Second Renewal

Post by CYWALL »

Morning all,
My Cyprus driving licence is due for renewal in August, so a while off yet. I had my Cyprus one when I became 70yrs and has lasted 3yrs, would you know how long my renewal at 73yrs will last me here.
TIA
memory man

Re: Cyprus Driving Licence Second Renewal

Post by memory man »

Medical Examinations

At 70 years of age, drivers are required to obtain a signed copy of form TOM 153B from a doctor stating that the applicant is fit to drive. After the age of 70, driving licences are valid for three years. The medical certificate form is available from the DoRT or can be downloaded.

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/cyprus ... -a-licence
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I will just add the MM's post that NORMALLY the doctors certificate allows you to renew for three years.
But I remember on this forum I think where someone complained that the doctor had only put down that the certificate was valid for one year.
Always mention to the doctor that you are wanting to renew for three years..
Last edited by trevnhil on Sat May 08, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

When I renewed my driving license last year, my doctor had copies of the relevant TOM153B, which following my medical exam, she filled in and signed. Valid for3 yrs.I then made an appt with the Citizens service centre who sorted the rest of it. They also have a form which is all in Greek.
But fortunately someone present translated it, so I was able to complete it. For which I was very grateful!
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

When my doctor signed my form in December he told me that he wasn't allowed to put how many years the licence should be renewed for but at the Citizens Service Centre they renewed it for 3 years. My husband will be 79 at his next renewal in January so will be interesting to see what happens then.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am 79 in August and will be assuming when with my GP, that I get permission for another 3 years
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I'm 89 and my current licence is valid for three years. However, that having been said, I am voluntarily revoking it because I feel that my standard of driving has dropped sufficiently to justify withdrawal. I have no desire to enter the statistics as being someone who caused the fatal accident.

Incidentally, anyone in the market for a Lexus CT 200h?
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Les Bean wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:07 pm I've had 3 renewals since being 70,all for 3 years,the last one being last month
Les,i,ll be renewing my licence in two weeks being 79.Is it still just a case of getting a certificate off your doctor and then going to the citizens advice centre? Oh ,do you have to make an appointment? Thanks.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Chaddy where have you been? You will probably need to make 2 appointments. One to see your personal doctor for health check, and signed medical form.
You also need to make an appointment for the Citizens advice centre. You can ring them first.

Dee
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Chaddy ,when I renewed my licence last month I was asked to to show 6 months utility bills .
Lefkes.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

lefkes wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am Chaddy ,when I renewed my licence last month I was asked to to show 6 months utility bills .
Lefkes.
Thanks for the reply.Did you go to the citizens advice or the transport department.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Chaddy, the Citizens Office is my first choice. The Transport Dept can be a pain, long queues and slow service. Not overly helpful. Maybe others have had better experiences though!

Dee
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Chaddy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:45 pm
lefkes wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am Chaddy ,when I renewed my licence last month I was asked to to show 6 months utility bills .
Lefkes.
Thanks for the reply.Did you go to the citizens advice or the transport department.
I went to the citizens service centre .I did not have my utility bills with me but popped home and collected them then straight back and walked back in and saw the same person who was waiting for me .Very helpful. lefkes .
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

CYWALL wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:46 am Morning all,
My Cyprus driving licence is due for renewal in August, so a while off yet. I had my Cyprus one when I became 70yrs and has lasted 3yrs, would you know how long my renewal at 73yrs will last me here.
TIA
Thanks everyone for your replies to my post above.
It seems then that it's up to your Dr what he decides to enter onto your Medical Cert, from 1 to 3 yrs. I'm hoping for a 3yr pass then as I hardly ever go to see them. But of course, you never know at our ages ;-)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Must be my memory that is shot at then, or the poster was wrong that posted about it .. But no worries ;-)
Trev..
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Ah, ok, thanks Trev.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Been to the docs this morning and he duly provided me with a glowing health certificate for me to renew my licence.I downloaded the necessary application form ( T.O.M. 7B ) to take with me so i would be ready when arriving at the citizens advice.So far so good...I phoned the citizens advice for an appointment.The next appointment available was on the 20th May.Oh dear,my licence runs out on the 12th May.So for the first time in 61 years of driving horseless carraiges i will be without a licence. :(
Hope this helps.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Chaddy I assume you are referring to Paphos Citizens office. Have you tried Polis, or even the one at the post office, if they do licences?
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

When I renewed my license last June, I had to wait a week for the first available appointment. When I duly turned up with the documentation, I was told that my license would take 3 weeks. I pointed out that my old license would have expired after another week.
So they gave me a piece of paper to confirm my application for a new one.
I said what will happen if I am stopped by a policeman?
She told me just to avoid places / streets where I might meet one. So I drove around locally very carefully. Until the day came when I could collect the new one!
Dee
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

trevnhil wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:06 pm Chaddy I assume you are referring to Paphos Citizens office. Have you tried Polis, or even the one at the post office, if they do licences?
Yes Trev,it is the one at the post office.