AstraZeneca Gone Walkabout

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike J

AstraZeneca Gone Walkabout

Post by Mike J »

A bereavement meant I need to get back to the UK but second AstraZeneca jab due on May 29th . Then manna fell from heaven and the government announced cutting 12 weeks to 8 weeks for 2nd jab. But clearly Easter has got in the way of that plan and the eagerly awaited SMS with a new date. So what to do ? Phone 1474 . Charmingly lady listened to my tale of woe . Don’t worry she said turn up at Spyros Kapriano Athletic Centre in Limassol just before they close and they always have AstraZeneca left over and will stick one in you. So yesterday up I went and told my take of woe. Love to help but we only have Pfizer now . Talk to the Doctor in the office over there. Yup tale of woe again and another sympathetic hearing . There is no AstraZeneca he said we only have Pfizer. Where else can I go ? Nowhere I just said we have no AstraZeneca on the Island. What about the Doctors who have offered to do jabs. Small fry he said just a thousand jabs only licking up the leftovers . When will we get more. Maybe 9 weeks time he said . So back on to 1474 where can I get AstraZeneca. Spyros Kaprianou. No they have none they say there is none on the Island . Oh . Anyway You cannot just turn up like that you must email the Director at thedirector@ MPHS.MOH.GOV.Cy and ask to change your date. Is he on holiday ? Oh yes but he will reply next week hopefully . Has anyone on this forum heard if there is AstraZeneca in Paphos or better still has anyone had an SMS moving their AstraZenica 2nd jab forward 4 weeks ? Ideally I need a 2nd jab on Monday to allow the 2 weeks for it to become effective before flying to the UK
josef k

Re: AstraZeneca Gone Walkabout

Post by josef k »

They had it at Palio Electriki in Paphos yesterday.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It sounds chaotic! A friend and I are both due our 2nd AZ jab on 27 May at 12 weeks.
Having seen the recent MOH announcements re AZ vaccinations, we were hoping to get our jabs a few weeks earlier, as was suggested.
So its a bit worrying to hear that (possibly) the island has run out of this vaccine. We are hoping to hear when an appointment will be offered...

Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

In Germany anyone below 60 who had AZ as their first shot is given Pfizer as the second. You could ask for that.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thanks, Jeba.I think that's a good idea!

Dee
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Josef K. Do you mean Palia Ilectriki as that’s all I can find in Paphos and it’s a restaurant ?
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

https://g.co/kgs/EetZBd

Palia Ilektriki is the Old Powerhouse used as a community space/meeting place/gallery. There is a restaurant of the same name behind it.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

There appears to be loads of Astra Zeneca available today.
All the usual vaccination sites are offering it.
My partner needs the Pfizer jab, is 62 years old and it is proving impossible to get an appointment.
The Government are seemingly making a hash of getting people vaccinated in a timely manner in spite of what they claim.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Only Pfizer in Limassol , no AZ here at all. But all vaccine stations closed for May Day and Easter Sunday according to 1474 information but Chatsworth you say they are open today?
Could you give me the names of the AZ outlets in Paphos please .

Cheers Mike
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

chatsworth wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:59 am There appears to be loads of Astra Zeneca available today.
All the usual vaccination sites are offering it.
My partner needs the Pfizer jab, is 62 years old and it is proving impossible to get an appointment.
The Government are seemingly making a hash of getting people vaccinated in a timely manner in spite of what they claim.
It is surprising at 62 that she has not had a first vaccine jab by now, and therefore an appointment for the second on :-)
Trev..
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

It is Trev but that age group appears to have been missed out when the system crashed in the early days Avraam is trying to sort something out.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I hope he does manage to sort something. My first jab was organised by my GP.. the second was via the appointment given at the first one
Trev..