What shops are open at Easter.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

What shops are open at Easter.

Post by trevnhil »

Looking on other groups it seems confusing as to when shops are open over the Easter Weekend.
Are food and veg shops open on this Friday ? And what about Saturday and Monday.. I have also read that Tuesday is a Bank Holiday ???

Confused .com :-)
Trev..
ast

Re: What shops are open at Easter.

Post by ast »

As far as i understand Pap's in Chloraka is closed Saturday 1st May, open the rest of the time but thats only my understanding.

Not sure about Tuesday being a holiday. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The Banks are closed Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Pap's in Chloraka is open Friday.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Both. That Helps..
Trev..
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Lidl ???????
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

PAPANTONIOU
Dear Customers, our supermarkets will be closed on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of May.
On the 3rd of May, Kato Paphos, Chloraka and Pissouri stores will operate normally.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just got that message in a text on my phone :-)
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Trevor, signs in Lidl and Alpha Mega last week said closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday. We just had the same text about Papantoniou as galexinda, though their Facebook pages on'y confirms closed Saturday but perhaps that just refers to ALL stores closed then.

Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I just went to Lidl to stock up on meat and ice cream. I thought it might be quite busy but it was pretty quiet.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Philippos closed on Saturday & Sunday. How will everyone manage? :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Wow, that is very surprising indeed..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

panoscouse wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:10 pm Philippos closed on Saturday & Sunday. How will everyone manage? :lol:
Hope nobody starves :lol:
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I admit being surprised about Philippos, as I thought that they were always open! Though I remember reading recently that all supermarkets are being forced to close on Saturday 1st May. That being Labour day...which will come as a relief for hard working supermarket staff.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I did th shopping ay the harbour Paps just after 7am. It was very quiet maybe more staff than customers. I was alarmed to see the bread shelves empty !!! But I asked what time it arrived and was told it was 'in the back' but not yet put out. So a lass sliced me a village loaf.. :-)
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

Fresh fruit, vegetables on supermarket shelves Holy Saturday, despite coinciding May 1 holiday

Food retailers to stay open on Holy Saturday which also coincides this year with the May 1 Labour Day holiday will stock their shelves with fresh fruit and vegetables as well.

Even though official rules and regulations on the May 1 Day holiday forbids this, providing that all labourers abstain from work that day, Philenews reports.

Nonetheless, Fruit and Vegetable Farmers’ Association Polys Kattashis said they have decided to work on May Day so as to dispose off vulnerable produce.

Otherwise, he added, they will be forced to throw them away since grocery stores will remain closed both on Easter Sunday and Monday.

Many supermarkets all across Cyprus have expressed intention to open on Holy Saturday so as to serve consumers who celebrate in a grand way Christ’s resurrection on Easter Sunday.

Kattashis also said that especially now that the world is experiencing the unprecedented coronavirus crisis authorities should be more flexible considering the difficulties farmers are confronted with.

As for the prices of vegetables, they are generally available at reasonable prices except for the cucumbers.

Their prices increased substantially from one day to another with greenhouse cucumbers go for €2.30 per kilo and field cucumbers for €2.80.

The price of tomatoes remains at 90 cents, eggplants at 90 cents, zucchinis €1.30, cauliflowers at 50 cents, cabbage at 50 cents, carrots at 80 cents and artichokes at €1 per kilo .

Green peppers go for €2.80 per kilo, beans for €3.50, peas for €3.80 and beans for €1.80.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/fresh-f ... 1-holiday/
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

LIDL - Just read this on FB
''Hello...I’ve just been to LIDL and asked about which days they are closed over the Easter period. They are closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday. They reopen on Tuesday 😊 Happy Easter''