YELLOW SLIP - DIP IN UK AND BACK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: YELLOW SLIP - DIP IN UK AND BACK

Post by WHL »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:48 pm
WHL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:03 pm
jeba wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:57 pm
Are you allowed to enter Cyprus via the North if you´re not an EU citizen?
You can enter the occupied north, but you will not be allowed to bring your car over. Let alone a van stuffed with goods.
Not sure on that WHL as I know people who have driven from the UK to live there and also people that have left Cyprus and driven there with there goods.
I was not talking about people driving to the occupied north, to settle there, not people driving there with their car, so then to cross over and live in the Republic.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

You can drive to Greece and then your Van is loaded onto the RoRo. You the owner/driver then has to fly to Cyprus and await the arrival at customs. You will need an agent at the Cyprus end. The other route is to pack it all into a container and ship it all over. For this you will need an expert shipper/such as RSS logistics. Good luck.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Information about from some companies that can transport your vehicle to Cyprus
https://www.autoshippers.co.uk/car_ship ... cyprus.htm
https://www.sbsshipping.gr/en/car-shipment
WHL

Post by WHL »

We have used Andrews shipping, to bring cars and household goods over many times and had a great service from them, if you intend to fill the car up with goods, then unless its in a container, then think again, the ships crew will rob anything not nailed down in the car.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Click on "Countries and Travel Applications" through the link below regarding entry requirements during Covid.
https://pio.mfa.gov.ct.tr/en/covid-19/

As a matter of interest, we have a regular customer of ours with family and a business in the north. He flew there in February last year and hasn't yet been able to return to UK due to his flights keep being cancelled.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

When I brought a car over a few years ago the only thing I left in it was a teach yourself Greek tape in the cassette player.
It wasn’t there when I picked the car up.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Beechwood wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:01 pm When I brought a car over a few years ago the only thing I left in it was a teach yourself Greek tape in the cassette player.
It wasn’t there when I picked the car up.
The last car I brought over, Andrews shipping took a photo of the radio in it, and taped it to the windscreen showing that the car had a radio, they didnt touch it, but I had a plastic fuel container in the boot, yep they took it. :?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The warning triangle was knicked when I shipped a car over.
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

No, it’s illegal to enter Cyprus via the North. Friends came with their Dutch car from the North via Turkey and their car was confiscated by customs.
Last edited by Cornelia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

nholleran wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:11 pm Shipped 3 cars over in the last 2 years with Lee he is based i Tremithousa, www.lhukcylogisitics.com all my cars have been fully loaded with some expensive items nothing been taken, wanted to ship another but advised now there is the 19% vat on purchase price plus the 10% duty and if its older than 5 years you get stung on road tax to.
Were your cars in a sealed container, or shipped as deck cargo.. ?
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Re your statement " all my cars have been fully loaded with some expensive items nothing been taken"
That was because they were locked in the containers.
The reports above where people have had items stolen were probably because the car was driven on board and lashed down to the deck for the journey..
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Trev, the cars that items stolen were
the ones on the Ro-Ro then the owner had to fly to Cyprus and meet the car on arrival.
All things are possible
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Mine was roll on roll off