Back Up of Contacts in MS Office 2016 Outlook

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Varky

Back Up of Contacts in MS Office 2016 Outlook

Post by Varky »

Can anyone tell me how I can make a back up of my contacts in MS Office 2016 Outlook. I have had to reinstall my Office a few times this month and although I can reload my messages using archive.pst and backup.pst files it doesn't seem to reinstate my contacts from before having to reinstall Office 2016. For Information I am running Windows 10 and wish I wasn't.
J B

Re: Back Up of Contacts in MS Office 2016 Outlook

Post by J B »

Varky wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:04 am although I can reload my messages using archive.pst and backup.pst files it doesn't seem to reinstate my contacts
it used to be a file called wab (windows address book) don't know if it's still the same??
J B
Varky

Re: Back Up of Contacts in MS Office 2016 Outlook

Post by Varky »

RW,
I used your link and was successful. I had used the same procedure to save my archived messages but didn't realise that you could use it for contacts.

JB,
Thanks for trying. I had used your solution in the past with older versions of Office, but I don't think that is a possibility with newer versions. In fact I seem to remember at the time when Microsoft changed back up files for contacts from .wab format to .pst it was a dickens of a job to transfer contacts.