Fylde

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
smudger

Fylde

Post by smudger »

Escape to the country on here at the mo, but the house hunting is In Lancashire. May be interesting to a few members here if they can get it on catchup. Couple looking at preservation of the sand dunes on the Fylde just now.
PhotoLady

Re: Fylde

Post by PhotoLady »

Just caught a bit, but we have to nip out to the post office and walk the dog..... so will watch it on Catch Up when we get back in.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
smudger

Post by smudger »

Totally agree Flossie! Love it when it's in Yorkshire or Suffolk and I'm spotting loads of landmarks and memories from 11 years ago!
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Goosnargh - what a fabulous placename!

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We watched it this evening..... they could have had all they wanted at less than the price they wanted to pay and be within walking distance of the sea - no more than half a mile from our house ;-)

While we were watching it and realising it was only filmed in April last year, it got us to thinking where the last 12 months had gone. But by the time we got settled in with a car and the house with our contents all in some semblance of order, it was July. The next month my dad ended up in the nursing home and it was a spate of daily visits with our life planned around that... next, he was gone by the end of October and so came the end of the year and the paper chase.

It's only since we came back from visiting our friend in Jersey that we're finally starting to breathe again and taking in our new life. It's all been quite surreal.
emgee

Post by emgee »

What has Fylde got to do with "Pafos Life"?

Alan
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It is now in the "Beyond Paphos" section.

With regards to the word Goosnargh,it also a word you say when something needs to be said, but you don't know what to say.

Well, according to Douglas Adams, anyway. He used it in Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Douglas Adams was also jointly responsible, along with John Lloyd, for one of the most hilarious books in the English language: The Meaning of Liff.

In The Meaning of Liff, they noticed that an awful lot of good words were being wasted, as they were only used for place names. They assigned definitions to a whole host of place names.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Took a little trip out on the bikes on Friday and again today.

We've had several high tides of just above 10 metres at Knott End jetty since Wednesday.

Friday was 10.1m with a bit of a blustery wind behind it. Here's my other half on one of our vintage Raleigh Nitro mountain bikes (mobile phone photos with Nokia Lumia 630):

And today, a lower tide of a little under 9m (still on its way in as we took the photos) and only a light breeze - we took the roads out of the village, along Pilling Lane to Cockers' Dyke (Preesall Pumping Station) by the coastal path. It offers views straight across Morecambe Bay toward Heysham Power Station.

My new hybrid bike got an airing. It has to go for a 6 week check up or at least after 18 miles of being ridden:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Missed it, I'll have to try and see it on 'catchup'.

Thanks Smudger.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.