Large ramp

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lefkes

Large ramp

Post by lefkes »

A wide large ramp is being built on the rough parking area next to the harbour car park ,it will exit where the bus stop was on the main road which has been removed . Any ideas as what is going on .
darrow

Re: Large ramp

Post by darrow »

Skate park?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Wait and see! I have noticed that an area in the car park has been blocked off in the nearest corner to the entrance to the Archaeological Park.
Maybe someone knows more?
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Wait and see! I have noticed that an area in the car park has been blocked off in the nearest corner to the entrance to the Archaeological Park. At present a project is underway to remove and replace the external fencing to the archaeological site.
Maybe someone knows more?
Dee
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I thought it was a pontoon for one of the water sports businesses being repaired?
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

I’m just by there now, to be clear it’s not a metal ramp. It looks like an alternative exit from the main car park is being built through that area.

Ian
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

So not the part I thought it was then.... :lol:
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

The Aquila wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:06 pm So not the part I thought it was then.... :lol:
Nope! There is the beginning of a road surface being prepared as you turn left into this area when leaving the main car park that then gradually rises as it reaches what looks like it could be the exit’ adjacent to the old Hondros taverna. Hope we don’t lose too many spaces from that area of land, even a couple of months ago I couldn’t find a space in the main car park and that over flow area was also pretty full. When the lesser spotted tourist returns it could be a challenge to park. Perhaps that whole areas is being upgraded and resurfaced? I guess we will find out before too long.

Ian

As an afterthought, anything to do with the bus station down there?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Why do they need another exit/entrance. They already have one ??
Trev..
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Just putting 1 & 1 together and maybe getting 6, don't they need an area for electric buses to charge away from the terminus area ?

I seem to remember we had one on the fleet from monies from the EU and when some of the older buses are retired maybe they are looking to replace with an alternative to diesel ?
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:57 pm Why do they need another exit/entrance. They already have one ??
No idea Trevor, just that what it looks like to my non civil engineer trained eyes. Could be do with the buses, could be changing the traffic flow, etc. We’ll find out soon enough.

Ian
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

This morning the ramp has now been cemented roughly 15 metres wide all the way across in a semicircle to the entrance to this rough piece of land ,plenty wide enough for buses to go in and out .All will become clear in a few days as to what is going on ??
Lefkes
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

So now we know.

PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Unfortunately it only pasted the original FB text, not the translation which I’ve added below.

NEW LOOK AT THE PORT - WORKS ON MODERN BUS STATUS, CIRCLE CIRCLE ON THE API STARTED AND CONTINUED. PAULOU AND OTHER IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS

Work continues at a fast pace in the port area of Kato Pafos to create new modern public transport stops and wider upgrade of the coastal front. The work is part of the large project of 7 million euros, which includes the creation of a modern network of public transport infrastructure and public hygiene in the areas of the Municipalities of Paphos and Geroskipou.

As stated by Mayor Faidonos, the existing transfer station is abolished in the port area and transported to the Kings Graves area, while new modern bus stops and sanitary areas are created at the port. Tourist bus parking spaces are also set and the two-way traffic of vehicles to and from the harbor from Apostolou Paul Avenue.
A roundabout is also created in the area aiming at solving traffic problems during peak periods. An asphalt parking space with tree plants is created in the piece located next to the ′′ Fat ′′ taverna and closes for excavations by the Department of Antiquities the dirt parking area next to Panagia Port.