Sky news this morning.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Rita Sherry

Re: Sky news this morning.

Post by Rita Sherry »

Poppy

Thank you very much for your post. Dont know about "eloquent" Road Warrior is a force to be reckoned with and I only hope Maggie B treats me a little gently if she too gets on the case but thats not an invite :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rita
El tel

Post by El tel »

I do not think that the SNP are that interested in democracy it's more about power and it would not surprise me if the wee lady made herself Queen of Scotland if they gained independence.
Why not let England vote on whether it wants to keep Scotland ? I reckon there would be a 75% vote in favour of us dumping Scotland. ;)

Terry
JimX

Post by JimX »

Keep your head down Terry, I see a low flying haggis coming your way..... :lol:

Jim
Last edited by JimX on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

ImageImageImageImage
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

In my opinion and as I say it is only my opinion the Kingdom has not been United for a long time
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I wonder what currency Scotland would use if independence happens. Would they try to gain entry into the EU? Would rUk allow a currency union? Doubtful after the last referendum but things change. Also, what plans have the SNP for deficit reduction?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

It goes without saying that they would have to adopt the Euro which is a requirement for all new members.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Too many Jims. Notwithstanding that they both have their points regarding Scottish independence. However there will be a lot of flak (blether) to come.
Varky

Post by Varky »

After reading many of the previous posts, I wonder if the majority of the Scots realise the amount of animosity to the Scots and Scotland, in general, that is being generated by the SNP and its leaders in both the Scottish and UK parliaments and whether they, the Scots in general, are bothered about this. I personally would want the UK to stay just that, United. However if the Scots really want to go their own way, good luck to them. I would certainly only want the Scots to stay in an 'organisation' in which they felt that they wanted to be in.

PS if they do leave I will revert to supporting all Scottish sports teams in the way the Scots have always supported the English against foreign opposition. :roll:
Last edited by Varky on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

If Scotland want to go there own way so be it but before you go
kindly return the 300 mil we gave to you in the last budget
and turn the lights out when you have gone
vic
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

RW

Sorry if I caused offence, I have great respect for you, and accept your argument.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

RW

Thank you for that, and yes the Lenovo is doing ok.......for now. ;)

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

If the majority of Scottish voters voted to remain in the EU in last June's referendum, then I think it only fair for Theresa May in 10 Downing Street to now accept their wishes and allow them to LEAVE the UK without need for a further scotexit referendum!

They can then instantly change to the € as their currency, meaning Banks here in ROB would change them for £Sterling, unlike the old days, when Scottish banknotes were treated with suspicion everywhere...

They will lose ALL their favoured NHS benefits in an instant! And much more... A case of have your cake AND eat it vanishes the moment they do that, with Queen Nicola in charge of Scotland...

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Road Warrior wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:35 pm The model I set up the other day was the Ideapad 110, not a bad machine, took out the Mcafee and replaced it with Avast, tweaked the desktop and Start menu, looks OK, friend not come to collect it yet, hope she will like it !!!
I have recently got a V110, and it is a bit short on USB sockets and no card reader :(

Trev..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Any one else confused
WHL

Post by WHL »

Im fine sunshine....any other Techy tips you want to share......
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Road Warrior wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:35 pm The model I set up the other day was the Ideapad 110, not a bad machine, took out the Mcafee and replaced it with Avast, tweaked the desktop and Start menu, looks OK, friend not come to collect it yet, hope she will like it !!!
Could be the worst mistake you ever made RW! I replaced AVG with Avast! on my ancient XP Pro system a year ago. It seemed to be doing well, until one morning, when it complained about IE7 (when FF was my default browser then, as now). Stupidly, I pressed the YES button, but then realised all hell was breaking loose...

I hit the cancel button, but too late... Avast! had already stripped 50% of IE7 dependacies from my XP Pro system, meaning that ever since, basic functions like 'Search' and 'Set System Restore Point' etc are now blank, ffs! Cannot even update 'Flash Player' w/o a working IE7, would you believe?

For a FREE and trusty and benign (ie NO nagware) AV program, Comodo has to be the BEST!

Trust me, please- AL :idea:
Gone but not forgotten...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Road Warrior wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:49 pm Hi Trev, is it the Intel I 5 model with the solid state drive, 2 USB ports ? Many manufacturers are going down the 2 USB/1 HDMI port, shame about the card reader. Have to say though both the laptops I have at the minute have card readers and I seldom use them at all. Did you buy a USB extension block?
Yes it is the i5 model. It suits me very well but I have not got a USB extension block.. If it is solid it may be OK, but I really do not want extra ports dangling on a wire..

Another disappointment is the volume.... very very low

Trev..
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I too removed Mcafee and installed Avast, I have always used it and it's been fine for me. Now my computer is telling me my printer's offline, I use it wirelessly, a new printer that was working fine until today, thought it wouldn't be long RW !! :lol:

Jackie
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

RW,

That's the trouble with debate, one thing leads to another ! Thanks, will do.

Jackie