Cyta Internet

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Cyta Internet

Post by Mrblobby »

I live on Kamares Tala , the Internet has gone really slow this morning down to 1mbps from normal 20mbps .

Any one else having problems ?
Mrblobby

Re: Cyta Internet

Post by Mrblobby »

Just checked it now and all is back to normal .

I did email Cyta and they responded that they checked my service and it appeared normal .

Gremlins ?
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Not at all I have a number of friends live in that area some have Internet problems around 6-30 to 7-30 am whilst there close nieighbours incur no interruptions at all....Cyta are at a loss to explain
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

My problem returned a few days ago , really slow speeds . I emailed support and they suggested exchanging my modem at a Cyta shop . I read somewhere that we might go into full lockdown again soon . So that gave me kick up the backside to have a ride into town today and swop my box . Very easy process at Cyta , just gave them my customer number and swapped for a new box nothing to sign . My old box was a 2016 the new one is 2020 .

Rushed home connected up and jobs a good un . Full speed and it also has 5ghz as well as 2.4ghz ...not sure what that means ?

Well done Cyta .
WHL

Post by WHL »

Cyta service is second to none in my opinion.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Mrblobby wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:35 pm Full speed and it also has 5ghz as well as 2.4ghz ...not sure what that means ?

Well done Cyta .
When the engineer came to me and changed our modem he said that mobile devices or anything used inside and outside would benefit from connecting to 2.4ghz and anything that was staying inside would be better on 5ghz
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I have very mixed feelings on this subject. I cannot fault CYTA on their impeccable service. Where I am negative, is that they cannot give me anything better than 20 MBS, because I am physically at the end of the wire.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

The Aquila wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:51 pm When the engineer came to me and changed our modem he said that mobile devices or anything used inside and outside would benefit from connecting to 2.4ghz and anything that was staying inside would be better on 5ghz
Thanks for that info . Only 2 of my devices would let me use 5ghz , a Samsung phone and my iPad . So I chose it for them . Lucky guess . :?: