Vaccination card

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Vaccination card

Post by Mrblobby »

Just posting this if anyone is interested .

The attached is a scan of a nurse friend in America .

I suppose we will get similar when we get our jab .
Attachments
91814E9C-71CC-44B5-9D5C-4EDE390054FF.jpeg
91814E9C-71CC-44B5-9D5C-4EDE390054FF.jpeg (93.38 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
bromerzz

Re: Vaccination card

Post by bromerzz »

Next will be the market for cloned vaccination certificates.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Maybe once people have had their 2nd vaccine shot, a special Covid vaccination stamp could be inserted on a spare page in each persons passport?

Incidentally, I have heard that in the UK consideration is being given to delaying the date of the 2nd Covid jab by several weeks beyond the Manufacturers recommended 2-3weeks after the first. This is because more people could in theory have their first dose of vaccine. However, with only one dose of a vaccine which the manufacturer says needs 2 doses to be fully effective, still be effective with only one jab? That's until a new supply of the Pfizer vaccine is available in the country....

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:37 pm Maybe once people have had their 2nd vaccine shot, a special Covid vaccination stamp could be inserted on a spare page in each persons passport?
I do not think it would work: too easy to forge. And if you change your passport? In any case, nobody goes around all the time with their passport in their pocket, do they? Going back to my childhood, nearly all of my colleagues at school had smallpox vaccinations, which sometimes leave a scar but not always. I know because I had to have three successive vaccinations because they had not "taken".
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

This would be one of the advantages of a biometric ID card that everyone should / could carry.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Devil,
I was thinking that it would be helpful to have a stamp giving details of your immunisation against Covid when traveling by air. Thats if/ when airlines are asking for details about your vaccination as a condition of boarding an aircraft.

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

The Aquila wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:21 pm This would be one of the advantages of a biometric ID card that everyone should / could carry.
I agree if there were an international standard (ISO); is there? It would also require readers everywhere. Confidentiality?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Any bio metric ID card would take a while! As usual people want something hi tech like this.
The UK are extremely unlikely to do this and the Cypriots are equally unlikely to give us a new
ID card. I'm still hanging on to my my old one though sadly its out of date.
My new passport is bio metric. Some sort of stamp on one of itS vacant pages indicating that I've had a named anti covid jab administered here in Cyprus would be very useful if not essential if one wants to fly anywhere later this year,

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that Cyprus has now placed UK back in Cat C saying that UK passengers will not be permitted to fly to Cyprus, though those who have the appropriate Cyprus residents papers (MEU 1 or MEU 3 ) may.

Authy check: Gov.UK Cyprus Travel information

Dee