HEADS UP - Four Day Clearance, Nicosia

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

Re: HEADS UP - Four Day Clearance, Nicosia

Post by JimX »

Used this outlet a couple of years ago, excellent, only problem a little too far just to browse, also with this lock down it maybe see n as a dangerous way to shop??, I really don't know, but a good way to buy cheap items. We often get posted flyers from them. Are you up late or like me up early Lloyd ;)
Jim.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

As an IKEA fan, I must come to their defence a little! They do have some short cuts such as turn left at the back of the curtain section to cut out an enormous amount of floor space but I guess you need to know they are there. They also have a dedicated mattress section showing full samples of each mattress type (you can lay on the mattresses - no bedding on them). They also have sectional samples to show the interior make up of each mattress type. Also in that section are samples of all of the mattress toppers. I guess you must have just missed it - it’s towards the rear of the bedding section.

If you want to see some samples of the 4 day clearance furniture locally, visit Emilios Elliadis above Abbeygate insurance on the Mesogi road. They sell almost identical furniture and I am sure they are connected. Both websites allow online ordering and delivery but note there are charges for delivery and assembly.

https://www.emilioseliades.com.cy/

https://fourdayclearance.com/

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
WHL

Post by WHL »

I bought a fridge freezer from the four day clearance some years ago, to put it simply it was a pile of junk , you get what you pay for folks, be careful.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

We went the the Four Day Clearance yesterday - just in time as it turns out! We were already planning on going for a sofa, but weren't sure what the quality would be like, Lloyd's opening post made us check the price of mattresses in Paphos before we left. We ended up with a sofa, easy chair, coffee table, large mirror, 5ft mattress and a decorative jug for the same amount as a sofa was going to cost in Paphos - including delivery which can be delayed if necessary - the furniture is to go in an extension still being completed.

Of course only time will tell with the quality of the furniture, but for the price we paid it certainly looks good enough and if, after 2 or 3 years there is a problem it can be replaced without us being out of pocket (or we decide to change the colour scheme etc), definitely worth a visit, also very easy to find without going into Nicosia (although the afternoon tea at M & S in Strovolos, was well worth doing that!) and extremely efficient ordering/payment system with English speaking staff.

As an aside, I also like Ikea, their kitchens and wardrobes are excellent value, but their beds and mattresses are not standard sizes, so you have to buy both the base and mattress from them and also if you want it fit properly, the bedding - a clever way of making sure you keep buying from them.
DocDoc

Post by DocDoc »

IKEA mattresses are almost identical to UK, US & Northern Europe sizes. See https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/rooms/bedroo ... ub63d34391
It's Back to the Future folks ;)
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

12 - 20 December

Link to the brochure

https://fourdayclearance.com/flyer/?fbc ... _Vp5LTjtME
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Hi Lloyd.. Do you remember the name of the mattress..? Thanks..