Coronavirus: delays expected to incoming and outgoing mail

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Coronavirus: delays expected to incoming and outgoing mail

Post by Paphos Life »

Cyprus Post on Tuesday announced there would be delays in incoming and outgoing mail due to the reduction in flights as a result of coronavirus restrictions....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Dot n Dash

Re: Coronavirus: delays expected to incoming and outgoing mail

Post by Dot n Dash »

Not only foreign mail, received this morning in Tala two letters from Atlantic Insurance in Paphos dated 2nd November and postmarked 12 November.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Unfortunately, I didn't do mine in time. I anticipate sending e cards instead...
Goodness knows how long sea mail from Germany will take to get here.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have used Moonpig for many years to send cards in the UK. I never thought to look for ecards
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We’ve used moonpig for years to send cards. What is an e-card?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We like Moonpig, especially for our family in Oz because the order is placed on the .au site rather than .UK so it's a locally prepared and delivered card. No postal delays to worry about.

And you can upload your own signature should you wish, so it looks like you've signed it.

Great for photo personalisation too.

I must say though, I've never liked e-cards. You can't display them anywhere. My mum likes to keep cards we've sent to her over the years.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Post by WHL »

E cards are sent by tight wads no more no less :D
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:28 pm I would never describe myself as a tightwad :lol: Just sent two Thanksgiving e-cards to friends in USA. They do the same to us at Christmas. Been doing this for 15 years. Suits us both.

At the end of the day, you open an e-card, read and marvel at it for 10 seconds, then move on.

Likewise a physical card. You open the envelope, scan it for 10 seconds, stick it on the mantelpiece or wherever, then move on. Not looked at again until they're all swept up in the New Year and put in the trash. But wife insists on keeping those from close family members :roll:
I was wondering if anyone would bite :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:28 pm I would never describe myself as a tightwad :lol: Just sent two Thanksgiving e-cards to friends in USA. They do the same to us at Christmas. Been doing this for 15 years. Suits us both.

At the end of the day, you open an e-card, read and marvel at it for 10 seconds, then move on.

Likewise a physical card. You open the envelope, scan it for 10 seconds, stick it on the mantelpiece or wherever, then move on. Not looked at again until they're all swept up in the New Year and put in the trash. But wife insists on keeping those from close family members :roll:
I must admit. I do have a moan at the wife on the amount of Christmas cards she posts every year, I guess that makes me a bit of a tightwad :oops:
jeba

Post by jeba »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:27 am Unfortunately, I didn't do mine in time. I anticipate sending e cards instead...
Goodness knows how long sea mail from Germany will take to get here.

Dee
My son sent me a registered letter from Germany on 11 Nov and the tracking website predicts arrival between 15 Dec and 31 Dec.