Anybody know a good place to get wood?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Anybody know a good place to get wood?

Post by Dominic »

Now that winter is here, I was looking for a decent source of wood. We have numerous pallets and logs dotted around the garden which I have gathered over the last few months, but they are depleting. I saw a facebook ad once for somebody who delivers 1/4 ton sack of logs for €110 euros, but I have no idea if that offer is still going on.

So who do you get your logs from?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
memory man

Re: Anybody know a good place to get wood?

Post by memory man »

Ireni & Frixos..
Ireni speaks perfect English.

Have done for many years.
Always very pleased.

They have been highly recommended many times on forums.

tel - 99 187882
CypJonno

Post by CypJonno »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:02 am Now that winter is here, I was looking for a decent source of wood. We have numerous pallets and logs dotted around the garden which I have gathered over the last few months, but they are depleting. I saw a facebook ad once for somebody who delivers 1/4 ton sack of logs for €110 euros, but I have no idea if that offer is still going on.

So who do you get your logs from?
Another vote for Irini. Dry seasoned wood and can burn straight away. Prompt, reliable and as mentioned by MM Irini speaks perfect English. She also does free range chickens!

Hope this helps and great new forum BTW!

Happy New Year.

Jon

Edited as MM already posted number.................Duh!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Looks like it's Come On Irini then. About these chickens, does she do the eggs to? My wife is a sucker for decent fresh eggs. We once stayed in a cottage in Cornwall and the owners had hens. They left us a basket of eggs in all shapes and sizes that were the tastiest I have ever eaten.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
memory man

Post by memory man »

I believe she also has quail eggs.
David

Post by David »

Whilst planning our move here Irini was one of the first numbers added to our phones due to the fulsome praise on CL as we knew we would be without Internet for a while when we arrived.
HiC, Jim and others were our go-to reads for great info and so right about Irini and Frixos.

Good wood, same day delivery, advice and a great welcome. We even had a follow-up text ensuring we were happy with the service. Can't recommend them enough.
Alfisti 'till death us do part.
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

Dominic,
I use and recommend Filios, he’s the son of my friend, he speaks perfect English and you will not get ripped-off. The wood is a mixture of Oak, Olive, Almond and Lemon his number is 99864521.
In Polemi they are advertising a load of wood for €90 but I do not know what quality it is. Their advert is in the supermarket opposite the bank.
Filios will also supply free-range eggs...but do not expect them to be all the same colour! I can, however, guarantee the taste.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

I have always recommended Irini and the load we had delivered last February was enormous for €120 and has lasted us until now ( we did not use them last year at all) however my neighbour is not too happy with the delivery he has just had on my recommendation. The load certainly seemed smaller than her normal load and I assumed he had had half a load but he told me it was a full load and more than €120 although he did agree that the quality was good.
She is a lovely lady but just make sure you know what you are getting from her and also tell her the size of your fire and she will deliver the size of logs accordingly
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

A number of folk in the Polemi area, including myself, use a Polemi chap called Savvas tel 99564957 who lives at the end of the lane round by the church. Good lad, reliable and good wood. € 100 for a full load € 180 for a double delivery. Speaks good English and will supply wood to fit your fire.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Dominic, Savvas has a small adverts in the Charity Shop and I know Geoff and others have always been happy with the quality of wood provided - he will also check what size burner you have as well and cut accordingly. Cant vouch for him myself as we don't have a word burner.

Ian