flight and covid

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dodo

Re: flight and covid

Post by dodo »

Cat B - no 4 only if your country cant offer you testing and ministry health in Cyprus makes an announcement , this is why Italy are allowed to be tested on arrival.
WHL

Post by WHL »

robf wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:10 pm Please note that the UK is currently a catagory B country

I do hope that this helps to clarify the current situation on travel. I posted it because i found out, that because of misinformation, people we know actually cancelled their flight because they could not get a test in the UK on time, they mistakenly beleived that they had to have one before travelling (no idea who started that rumour) and did not know that they had the option of test on arrival.
What you do need is to have the approved Cyprus flight Pass. see link above.
Its not a rumour
robf

Post by robf »

No its not, I got it wrong
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

FOR CLARIFICATION:

Residents of Cyprus arriving from Category B countries can opt for a test on landing. This does not apply to holiday makers.

The exact people it applies to are as follows:

1. Cypriot citizens and their family members (foreign spouses and their minor children).

2. Persons legally residing in the Republic of Cyprus

3. Persons allowed to enter in the Republic of Cyprus under the Vienna Convention. (diplomats or something)

4. Persons, in countries category B, where the authorities of these countries, are not in a position to offer COVID-19 testing to those wishing to travel to the Republic of Cyprus and following an announcement by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Cyprus, passengers of these Countries are permitted to perform the COVID-19 test upon their entry to the Republic of Cyprus.

Option 4 only applies to Italy.

If none of the above apply to you, then you lied on your application process, and may be subject to a fine.

Ignorance is no excuse, etc.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.