Fine of €6,500 in a bar in Paphos for violating decrees

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Fine of €6,500 in a bar in Paphos for violating decrees

Post by memory man »

The Paphos District Court imposed a fine of €6,500 on Monday, on a property owner for violating the decree of the Law on Disinfection.

Specifically, the owner of a bar in the centre of Paphos, whose operations have been suspended since August 5 for a violation of the Law on Disinfection, was brought before the District Court of Paphos on Monday where the case was heard and the €6,500 fine was imposed.

The court also ordered that the premises be reopened normally after the payment of the fine is made.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/fine-of ... g-decrees/
memory man

Re: Fine of €6,500 in a bar in Paphos for violating decrees

Post by memory man »

It would be interesting to find out how much has been paid in fines
for violating the law since this all started.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I suppose you could do some by-town analysis to see which part of Cyprus had been fined the most. Possibly make a pie chart out of it. Whatever rocks your boat really.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I suppose that its of academic interest to most of us, but there have also been some complaints that the local police are being a bit heavy handed by expecting owners to police their guests movements inside premises. Such as a diner, not wearing a nask, en route to the to the toilet, stopping at a table on the way to chat to friends there.
This it was claimed in the Sunday paper could be seized on should a passing police patrol see the incident and result in a heavy fine for the restaurant.

Fair or unfair?
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Well done the Police and courts, more money going into the kity, I think most owners are taking it seriously, as I saw in a Larnaca supermarket yesterday, A guy was asked to leave because he didnt have a mask on, he started to argue with the manageress , but a couple of other customers turned on him, and he dropped his basket and left.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:41 pm

But do I need to know how much has been collected in fines? Nah, not interested.
Why do we need to know that you're not interested? Is it of interest to the rest of us? Nah.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I would be interested to know to which Govt Dept money collected in fines actually goes to and on what it is spent?

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Interested enough to contact the government and ask them?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Good to read of more individuals being fined, as it is virtually impossible for staff to keep track of every single person all of the time, especially with regards to the wearing of face masks.

Not particularly bothered where the money from fines collected is used, but Covid-19 is certainly costing a lot for Cyprus to finance all the checks, tests etc.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Not in the least bit surprised to hear about how Jonny Boo is doing things. Topping guy both personally AND professionally.

Maggie B
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Surprised today at how the Hippocratic Clinic doesn't take the spread of Covid-19 seriously compared to The Evangelismos! There was no hand gel at the entrance, seats not spaced, old magazines on tables, doctor not wearing a mask, although most patients waiting did. What did surprise me was the smelly room/ashtray & packet of cigarettes at the front of the doctors desk. I will not be returning anytime soon.