Old twenty pound notes

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
rambo

Old twenty pound notes

Post by rambo »

Does anyone know if these notes, which were officially replaced by polymer notes in February this year, are being accepted in the Kato Paphos exchange shops?

Paul.
mike strand2

Re: Old twenty pound notes

Post by mike strand2 »

As far as I know they've not been withdrawn yet in the UK, so ought not to be a problem.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thanks.

Paul.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thanks.

Paul.
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

They were supposed to be withdrawn in Aug in UK but this has been extended but don't know when to my daughter works in a bank and they haven't been told. She said if exchanging abroad she would use old ones sooner rather than later but they are still legal tender.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

The Bank of England have said it will give 6 months notice from the date it announces the withdrawal. But no date has yet been set.
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

rambo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 pm Does anyone know if these notes, which were officially replaced by polymer notes in February this year, are being accepted in the Kato Paphos exchange shops?

Paul.
Hi, we were wondering the same thing as we had over £100 in old notes from our last trip to U.K.

We exchanged the old notes last week with no problem at the shop at the back of Paps at the harbour.

Jim.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thank Jim,
I was hoping someone could confirm this I'm never too keen to go down there.
Paul
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

poolriver wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:51 pm
rambo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 pm Does anyone know if these notes, which were officially replaced by polymer notes in February this year, are being accepted in the Kato Paphos exchange shops?

Paul.
Hi, we were wondering the same thing as we had over £100 in old notes from our last trip to U.K.

We exchanged the old notes last week with no problem at the shop at the back of Paps at the harbour.

Jim.
What was the exchange rate Jim?