UK Nursing Home 'care'

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
mike strand2

UK Nursing Home 'care'

Post by mike strand2 »

My granddaughter works in a Nursing Home in Buckinghamshire. This past weekend (Mothers Day), relatives were allowed to visit AND to take their elderly relatives out to visit parks, riversides etc.. Incredible stupidity IMHO.
trevnhil

Re: UK Nursing Home 'care'

Post by trevnhil »

I would agree, very stupid.. I have seen on UK groups where relatives had been to the nursing home but just seen there loved ones through the windows.
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 am I would agree, very stupid.. I have seen on UK groups where relatives had been to the nursing home but just seen there loved ones through the windows.
Wife's siblings , went to see their mum, and as you say, talked to her through the window, she was happy which is the main thing.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Not in the UK but in the news today is the discovery of dead elderly patients in several Care Homes in Spain. Apparently discovered in several homes by troops trying to deliver supplies, however, the staff had all run away!
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The spanish situation was reported on the BBC and there are two scenarios - one is, as you say, where staff left the home unattended - absolutely shocking...

The second is where they are told to leave a Corona deceased person to be uplifted by medical services - so dead patients in beds for some time...