Paphos Airport to Paphos

Information on getting to and from Cyprus, and for travel on the island.
Post Reply
OhSusana
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by OhSusana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Paphos Airport to Paphos.
Some options -

1. Taxi.
I haven't taken a taxi, but ApusApus tells me a cost of 35 to 40 euros is typical. Wow. I am shocked. Probably a 15 minute journey.

2. Paphos Buses.
A/C. Nice buses. You have two routes -
612 which takes you into Kato Paphos and the Harbour area.
Map and timetable here -
http://www.pafosbuses.com/busroutes/pap ... os-airport

613 which takes you into Pano Paphos, the older part of town, higher up on the hill over Kato Paphos.
Map and timetable here -
http://www.pafosbuses.com/busroutes/pap ... os-airport
The bus station in Pano Paphos is called Karavella.

Fare is currently 1.50 euros. 612 runs more frequently than 613.
Neither run during the night. But the 612 timetable has improved since I last rode this route.
Please note: links to these timetables change, so, in such a case, go to the main website, www.pafosbuses.com

3. Tourist bus.
I'm not sure about this, but if you fly in on a Thomson or Thomas Cook flight you might have an option of arranging a transfer to a hotel when you book your air ticket. I seem to recall seeing this when flying once on Monarch. But it seemed expensive to me, and I planned, anyway, to wait an hour and take the local bus (612).
Last edited by OhSusana on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OhSusana
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by OhSusana » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:18 am

Don't know how long this will last, but -
http://www.pafosbuses.com/busroutes/pap ... os-airport
- a new route from Polis to Paphos airport.

Bus 649. It is listed also in the free timetable they give out. (which I happen to have in front of me)).

trevnhil
Posts: 4874
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Polemi

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by trevnhil » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:22 am

There is already a post running with this on ..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6458&p=64550&hilit=Polis#p64550
Trev..

OhSusana
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by OhSusana » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:58 am

Yes, thanks, I know. I thought it useful to put some info, including the timetable link, in the travel section. Particularly as D is probably out of action, watching his road being dug up.
Note that the real times of the buses are rather different from that described n the other thread (for example, the first bus is at 1730 and not at noon, according to the timetable!).

trevnhil
Posts: 4874
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Polemi

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by trevnhil » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:19 am

Oh...Wow.. That is a difference, starting at 5-30 instead of 12 noon.. Not as convenient as first portrayed..
Trev..

Uncle D
Posts: 1154
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:50 am
Location: Lasa

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by Uncle D » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 am

I expect that is because most in bound flights only start arriving around that time, but you could get the 613 to the main Paphos bus station and change to a bus that goes to Polis.
David

ApusApus
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:54 am
Location: Kato Paphos

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by ApusApus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm

OhSusana wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 pm
Paphos Airport to Paphos.
Some options -

1. Taxi.
I haven't taken a taxi, but ApusApus tells me a cost of 35 to 40 euros is typical. Wow. I am shocked. Probably a 15 minute journey.

That's if you grab a taxi at the airport! If you pre-book with one of the local firms it will be slightly less, generally between 28 - 33 euros?


Shane

OhSusana
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by OhSusana » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Uncle D wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 am
I expect that is because most in bound flights only start arriving around that time, but you could get the 613 to the main Paphos bus station and change to a bus that goes to Polis.
True, but please note that there are 10 buses a day from the Harbour Station (612), and only 6 from Karavella (613).

June
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:09 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by June » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:35 pm

ApusApus wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm
OhSusana wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 pm
Paphos Airport to Paphos.
Some options -

1. Taxi.
I haven't taken a taxi, but ApusApus tells me a cost of 35 to 40 euros is typical. Wow. I am shocked. Probably a 15 minute journey.

That's if you grab a taxi at the airport! If you pre-book with one of the local firms it will be slightly less, generally between 28 - 33 euros?



Shane
Last edited by June on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:09 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Paphos Airport to Paphos

Post by June » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Eg Sam's Taxis.... excellent service is only 25 Euros. Have a look on the forum's Directory...

Post Reply