Cyprus Tax Declaration from 2019

Discuss everything from tax issues to the best way of transferring money.
galexinda

Cyprus Tax Declaration from 2019

Post by galexinda » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm

''The current year will be the last year when it will not be mandatory for a Cypriot tax resident under the tax-free annual income limit of €19500 to file a tax return. From 2019 everyone will be required to submit a tax declaration'' (Article dated October 2018).
http://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news ... -of-income

''The Cyprus government is pushing ahead with measures that will strengthen its ability to collect compulsory contributions to state revenue in a bid to tackle tax evasion. That’s why a relevant bill has already been drafted and sent to the Legal Services for a review, according to Phileleftheros.
One of the proposals makes it mandatory for all to file a tax return even if their income is not high enough to come under taxation brackets.

The tax declaration by either an employee or a self-employed person will continue to be filed electronically with Finance Minister Harris Georgiades explaining that this will help tax authorities to get a clear picture of Cyprus’ total population''.
in-cyprus 11 September 2019 - Posted on Tala Community News

trevnhil

Re: Cyprus Tax Declaration from 2019

Post by trevnhil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 pm

I must admit that i thought it was Mandatory for every one to file account starting This Year..
However at least we have two years of online accounts done, so all should be OK for the future
Trev..

galexinda

Re: Cyprus Tax Declaration from 2019

Post by galexinda » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Yes, Trev you are correct but apart from the above two articles I haven't found any more information about it especially as the tax system is one method of ensuring people pay the contributions to GESY.