Lercanidipine 10 mg.

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Firefly

Lercanidipine 10 mg.

Post by Firefly »

I have been put on this medication by my GP for hypertension, but I'm having nasty side effects.

Has anyone else had this medication, if so, did you encounter side effects ?

I was taking Beta Blockers previously, but my GP tells me that this is the recommended medication 'for my age group' whatever that means.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Uncle D

Re: Lercanidipine 10 mg.

Post by Uncle D »

Have you checked out the leaflet that came with the medication?, look at side effects and see what action you should take, or check it on Google.
David
Varky

Post by Varky »

Uncle D wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 am Have you checked out the leaflet that came with the medication?, look at side effects and see what action you should take, or check it on Google.
Or, if the leaflet is in Greek only, try googling it.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As Jackie is in the UK I would have thought the leaflet would be in English.

But really if you have side effects that you are not happy with it is a doctor that should be consulted really, not members of a forum.. Whatever a member tells you may well be different for another patient..
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Trevor

I'm well aware of that, and I will confer with my GP, however it was just curiosity on my part. As you are aware, I am not totally ignorant in medical matters.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I agree with trevnhil.

Any adverse effects and I would immediately stop taking the medication and contact the doctor who had prescribed it, especially as it has to work its way out of the system which may take a matter of hours or days.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Galexinda

You may well agree with Trevor, but my reaction to this drug is being monitored by my GP already.

I consider it to be dangerous to immediately stop prescribed medication, and that advice should not be given in my view. I did not 'consult members of a forum' I merely asked if anyone else had experienced side effects from this drug.

Now it seems to me that rather than offer a reply to that question, I am given advice as to how I should react, which is not needed.

Thank you for your concern.

Jackie
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As a matter of interest what does your GP say about your reactions to the drug ? .. Has he or she still left you on it ?
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

She has already taken me off Amlodipine, and put me on this medication, because of the side effects.

She stated that she will call me in two weeks time, to see how I react to this one. I have to say that as it's in the same 'family' of drugs, and my reaction has been pretty much the same.

I will ask her to consider a complete alternative.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Firefly wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:53 pm Galexinda

You may well agree with Trevor, but my reaction to this drug is being monitored by my GP already.
Why did you not state this in your original comment?

Even so, I wouldn't wait for a review - but then my experiences have been acute reactions to antibiotics which needed immediate medical attention.

Hope your PD soon finds something that helps your medical condition.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Galexinda

I did not mention it, as it was irrelevant.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Jackie
Sandra H

Post by Sandra H »

I am really anti drugs but to be told off by my doctor a couple of times, and having high blood pressure, I relented.

I am taking Lercanidipine 20mg a day, started of with 10mg but nothing really changed. I started taking them in March, the side effects are swollen lower legs/ankles and weight gain, especially around my middle. Other than that I seem okay but having a check up when I am back in the UK later this month.

Jackie, what side effects are you suffering with?

Sandra
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Sandra !! Just be aware that this post is a year and a half old..
Trev..
Sandra H

Post by Sandra H »

Thanks Trevor, never spotted it!

Sandra
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Hi Sandra

My side effects were just as you describe.

I now take Losartan and Doxazosin, they work for me, with non of the other side effects.

Jackie
Sandra H

Post by Sandra H »

Hi Jackie,

Good to hear that you have found the right medication that works for you.

This is something I am going to discuss with my GP once I am back in the UK

All the best,
Sandra
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Sandra

Yes, obviously what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another.

Good luck

Jackie