More problems with IPT TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
WHL

Re: More problems with IPT TV

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:02 pm I have sent an sms to my supplier to see if he knows anything. If there are a reported 700 intermediaries, each with a median income of say, €50k, that represents a gross income stream to someone of €35 million. Not to be sneezed at. Maybe they're moving to more secure and discrete servers? Time will tell.
I have been on my suppliers forum, and the word is the 700 is just the main guy bigging the number of his customers up, that provider is shutting down.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

All interesting stuff, and fake news abounds. My contact, who was one of his resellers, mentioned the figure 700. So whether they were customers or resellers, only time will tell. In any event, IPTV is here to stay but providers and resellers will come and go. "Caveat emptor" comes to mind.
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

Anyone having issues with the S.S system today? Seems completely offline. Hopefully just a glitch...

Lloyd, your’s OK?
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:35 pm Daughter in Mandria's TV working fine too.

When the boxes were re-programmed after the previous time-out, I believe some weren't done 100% correctly, which may explain why you have lost service when others haven't. An sms to our mutual provider will hopefully get you sorted soon.

Addendum at 01.50 Sun: normal night's viewing last night, though as is par for the course I slept through most of it 8-)

Well, it’s back again today. Very strange.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

A company called ACE iptv has folder..... dont know if anyone in Cyprus used them...
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

jandk wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:31 am ACE becomes MAGIC , be warned.
So is Magic not to be trusted ?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Fingers crossed, no problems here.
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

ACE TV appear to have gone due to pressure from The Federation Against Copyright Theft and partners the Premier League . Being uk based they were asking for trouble .

It appears none of our group have been using them , or else there would be lots of postings . To be honest you never know who the server is , most of the ones we get here in Cyprus come through resellers .
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

We had problems last evening again too and the internet strength was fine. Had to keep re-booting the box which solved it for a few mins then off it went again . Then at about 8ish the dreaded cannot connect to the ethernet came up and everything went blank for about 20 mins.
Many films had disappeared when it came back onl, indeed at one time we only had TV series available . Several friends in Pissouri withe the same system had similar issues. So something appears to be going on. My understanding from the supplier is that the films now come from one server, the TV from another, the Youtube from another and so on . But on Friday, Saturday and Sunday early evening all were affected which is worrying.
Cheers
Mike
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Forum Im with, are spot on about whats happening in the streaming World, and they were saying Ace were going down, sometime ago...
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

WHL wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 am The Forum Im with, are spot on about whats happening in the streaming World, and they were saying Ace were going down, sometime ago...
I do not suppose you can share the name of the forum , but you do not appear to have the facility for PM ?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Likewise no problems with my main TV source, but I deal direct with the provider who is very responsive to feedback.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mrblobby wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:16 am
WHL wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 am The Forum Im with, are spot on about whats happening in the streaming World, and they were saying Ace were going down, sometime ago...
I do not suppose you can share the name of the forum , but you do not appear to have the facility for PM ?
Unfortunately you have to be a member.... Google Ultimatmania, the best out there, in my opinion.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Pleased to report that I've had no problems with the TV, no buffering or channels lost and it is so handy being able to go to Computer SOS for advice and help eg last week I was showing someone how to find the buffer settings on their Magbox and somehow managed to change the screen size (not easy as it's in a completely different area). Anyway, just popped into SOS, had a word with Sheryll, went home, followed her instructions and all back to normal. Computers also all up and running well after a diagnostic check.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

OK, been dabbling with another supplier.... was with SS and had to move to another with the problems.... This one is now giving problems, not one that would be normally used in Cyprus, but advantage was many foreign channels as well.

Can anyone recommend one with foreign stations as well? I.e French, Spanish, Italian, German, Scandinavian etc.

Thanks

Jim
JimX

Post by JimX »

[quote="Happy in Cyprus" post_id=55256 time=1522629375 user_id=378]
Yesterday early evening we had a couple of time-outs, each lasting about 20 mins. So did daughter in Mandria. She believes it was poor internet connection rather than an iptv server problem, and I'm inclined to agree.
[/quote]

Morning Lloyd, it is not the Internet, I have a couple of other servers units those have been fine, only SS has had this problem, it comes up with "Connection Problem" then freezes for a short time, I usually switch over then to my other providers ALL work! so I fear SS system has a minor glitch I am sure will soon be resolved.

Also, I did some Internet speed test while SS was down, they still showed the norm for me 20+ Megs with Cyta. Also IPTV does not buffer normally, you may get this with Android systems, well I did.
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Mrblobby wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:18 am ACE TV appear to have gone due to pressure from The Federation Against Copyright Theft and partners the Premier League . Being uk based they were asking for trouble .

It appears none of our group have been using them , or else there would be lots of postings . To be honest you never know who the server is , most of the ones we get here in Cyprus come through resellers .

Update on ACE TV with link to full article below:
14 May 2018
A renowned pirate of Premier League content to consumers has been forced to liquidate after agreeing to pay £600,000 for breaching the League's copyright. Ace IPTV, run by Craig Driscoll and Ian Isaac, was selling subscriptions to illegal Premier League streams directly to consumers which allowed viewing on a range of devices, including notorious Kodi-type boxes, as well as to smaller resellers in the UK and abroad. As part of the settlement with the Premier League, Ace IPTV has terminated all subscriptions meaning that subscribers who have pre-paid significant sums have been left out of pocket. Ace voluntarily disclosed the personal details of their customers, which the League will now review in compliance with data protection legislation. Further investigations will be conducted, and action taken where appropriate.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/690765?sf189470310=1